Hurry Up! Add Jobs App to your account.

Technical

Creative Crazy Ideas For Computer Science Final Year Project

Rupam Das

Rupam Das

Updated: 18 Oct 2018

Update: Project Topics for the year 2014 with full papers

Excerpt from New Final Year Project Ideas for Computer Science in java , .Net No List. We shall put forward the Idea, Ask your queries about how to proceed, we will provide guidelines. No source code offering No Abstract Offering. These will be Ideas that one can Implement. Just come and Enjoy the Discussion. Present your Ideas also.

t424-creative-ideas-computer-science.png

attention Reach your career goals faster!

Finding your dream job just got easier. Find jobs in your city or matching your skills-set. All the best!

Check latest jobs
1. Voice Based Email for ( Blinds?)

The idea is, create a class in .Net with .Net SMTP option
Voice Authentication is enabled using a Simple Melfcc features.
Microsoft Speech SDK is integrated with the programming Language.
Set of Commands are reserved like "start" ,"subject","matter","send","delete". Activate Dictation mode not command mode.
Try to generate event when user speaks these words.
Create a simple textBox editor. When user speaks, they get typed over here.
A pushMail interface to read from your GmailAccount.
When you say "Read", should featch the mails in List box and read sender and heading.
With Up and Down command you can select a particular mail
its body will be spoken out.
[To give an overview of what we are expecting in this thread, I posted the first reply. Let's See How Creative our CE friends are]😛

Finding your dream job just got easier. Find jobs in your city or matching your skills-set. All the best!

Check latest jobs
Here is the Second Ideas

2. A Distributed Learning System with Session Sharing, VoIP, Desktop Sharing, and Desktop Recording .

1) Students can view the teachers desktop in the presentation mode
2) Teacher can view and control a students desktop ( 4 sessions at a time)
3) Voice of teacher can be heard by individual students ( VoiP)
4) Students can not have voice communication with one another.
5) Teacher can view voice of the students one to one basis.
6) Teaching session can be recorded through a Desktop Recording

Platform ( .Net 2010 with C#)
Requirement: Socket, GDI, DirectX 9.0 and Above, RDP Protocol

Any Takers?
😔

Nobody is Inspiring Me, Writing New Ideas........... I am Sad..............😔
😔
Atleast say Good Bad........................ "I am lonely out here waiting for CE Seniors and Mods to write their Ideas!!!!!!!!!! Or close the thread😔

😔
The Third Ideas

Emotion Based Music Player: A music player that presents you a playlist based on your mood.So when you come back home from office having messed up an assignment your boss had given, the system plays "Kishore Kumar", and when you return home next day after Knocking out your Boss, it plays Ozy Ozaman

1) Write an Interface for capturing Video From Webcam
2) Segment Face out of it
3) Extract Facial Features ( Chin, Mouth, Eye Geometry)
4) Build a classifier that can be trained based on these features.
5) Now write a simple Music Player with playlist Support.
6) Turn on the camera and music player and the playlist is sorted automatically.

[ I have implemented this project with C#.Net 2008, with emotions: Sad, Happy, Smile, Confused with 73% accuracy in test conducted over 80 persons for 10,000 test cases]
The Forth Idea

A Wireless Communication Protocol Based on Bulbs(Yes you are right electric Bulb)

Consider two homes opposite to each other.( May be yours and you Girlfriend/Boyefrinds😀 if I am permitted to use so)
You have a bulb( or best tube light) that is connected with your system with Relay/Optocoupler. And you have a web cam facing her window and her webcam is facing towards your window. She has the same arrangement.

All we do here is write a Simple algorithm to produce "-" (dash) or "." (dots). Remember Morse code used in second world war and earlier days telegraph?. It is simple to convert sentences to dash and dots. based on the sequence of dash and dots, we can control the intensity of the bulbs. for others it looks like current fluctuation.
so as bulb blink,webcam detects it and through simple threshold based image processing and the inteface translates the blinks back to sentences.

i taught the manual coding and decoding with torch light to my desparate hostel mates willing to communicate with peers on opposite hostel. At one time it was the most widely used communication standard among my college hostels post 9PM. SMS has killed my idea, but this sort of communication cant be decoded, no airtel or google can store a copy of it. so great for security
CrazyEngineers Small Logo Just Launched: CrazyEngineers Jobs Finder money icon
Find the latest and the best jobs for engineering freshers and working professionals.
Apply Now!
please post your comments here for more innovative project list...
Find the latest and the best jobs for engineering freshers and working professionals.
Apply Now!
5." Musical Tone recognition and Conversion to notes: An application for Music Compression"

When you play the music, the system recognizes it , some signal processing extracts the Tabs and Notes and store them in printable text format. When you give this as input, system plays them back.

I implemented this project in VC++ . And did this with Sitar . You can Definitely try working on this.
6. A Railway Anticollision System with Phis Plate Removal Sensing and Auto Track Changing

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
1) if two train approches each other both should stop
2) If one train is behind another, front trains speed should increase, approching trains speed decreases
3) If they are far away , nothing should happen
4) If there is a probability of accident, and if alternative line is avilable, it must take that path.
5) If a Phis Plate is removed ahead of a train, the train must stop.
6) It must automatically start the journey once the plate is restored.
Interesting Ideas Rupam.

Check latest jobs
7.Securing Computer Folders with Rinjdal Security Extension and Your Bluetooth Enabled Mobile Phone

Ever wondered what happens when people have password of your PC and reads through your Document or other important stuff? Protect it.

1) Have bluetooth enabled in your laptop or PC.
2) Write an interface to discover bluetooth devices.
3) With an Admin password authenticate the MAC address. MAC address of your mobile gets stored in Registry of the System.
4) Your application will start as a background process as soon as you start your PC.
5) In the configuration mode select a folder as your Working folder.
The program must have a timer to read contents of all files of all types including video of that folder.
6) The program implements a Handshake protocol with your device in every 5 seconds.
7) As soon as you go away from PC, it encrypts all the files of the folder and log off your account.
8) Soon as you Log in to the account, it searches for your Bluetooth Mac address. It prompts you with the password. If password matches, decrypts all the files.
9) If somebody else logs into your system, bluetooth device if any do not get matched, hence the application never asks for Password.

[Now people around me should know why I wear a tag and Keep my mobile with me always😀]

Full proof security. .Net 2008. Xp/Vista/Win7 all supported. You can also disable your USB as a plugin to the project.
Apply Now!
8. Loyalty Test! A Cheap Lie Detector based on Speech Stress Analysis

Ever wondered how Lie detection works? There are sensors that are placed all over your body on your vein areas. When we lie, there are change in the electrical activities. That change produces electrical surge pulse which are recorded. Now what happens is when we tell lie, there is a stress in our voice also. That is very very limited but for a speech signal processing that is Significant. There is an algorithm that can extract the stress signal in our speech when we lie. It is a complicated project but can be done with the help of Little programming. Matlab/vc++/ C# ( Never Tried with java).
very nice ideas how we can get more details of these projects
@bushra baig: Start a separate thread for the topic you are going to work with and post the details you need.

Check latest jobs
New Project Ideas ( Excerpts from New Project Ideas in C# Java)
7. Question paper Leakage Detection and Alart System
Multiuser Face Detection and Recognition based Attendance System
9. "
You might be interested in Listening these Songs too"
Virtual Mouse Using Hand Movement
Driver Drowsiness Detection and Drunk test based on eye tracking
Charming Index for Candidate Selection in Interviews
SMSblue-CMS

Stay Tuned to this thread. New updates will be posted regularly

Check latest jobs
Webcam Based Credit Card Reader with Face RecognitionThe idea is to develop a webcam software that will be able to get the inputs from the webcam when the user holds his/her credit card in front of the cam. This idea could be incredibly useful in online payments systems! Also instead of the password provided by CC gateway, the face will be recognized and authenticated as the holder of the card. It should detect
1) Credit card Number
2) CVV Number
3) Name on the Card
4) Expiry date.
5) Bank
6) Type of Card(Logo Detection).
(Original Idea : Big_K)
A neural Network Based Hand Movement Recognition on touch-pad for Paralytic Persons

paralytic persons or people with little movement like who suffer from parkinson's disease has a restricted movement. They can move the fingers but the movement are not prominent.

In this project, some movements are first trained like one writing a rough 'a' alphabet on the touchpad or through mouse movement. Such movements will vary every time the person attempts to write due to his disease. Therefore a strong classifier is used which can recognize the movements under extreme variation. Once the movement is detected, it is mapped to certain command like Wheel Chair Movement or converting the movement into a speech sentence.
A reverse engineering approach for converting Conventional Turbo C code to 64 bit C#

Aim:
The aim of the project is to convert convetional legacy turbo c programs, which are meant to run in 16 bit operating system and can not be executed in modern operating systems to C# programs which can be executed in 64 bit operating system architecture.

Reverse Engineering
Reverse engineering is the process of discovering the technological principles of a human made device, object or system through analysis of its structure, function and operation. It often involves taking something (e.g., a mechanical device, electronic component, or software program) apart and analyzing its workings in detail to be used in maintenance, or to try to make a new device or program that does the same thing without using or simply duplicating (without understanding) any part of the original.
Reverse engineering has its origins in the analysis of hardware for commercial or military advantage. The purpose is to deduce design decisions from end products with little or no additional knowledge about the procedures involved in the original production. The same techniques are subsequently being researched for application to legacy software systems, not for industrial or defence ends, but rather to replace incorrect, incomplete, or otherwise unavailable documentation.

Reasons for reverse engineering:
  • Interoperability.
  • Lost documentation: Reverse engineering often is done because the documentation of a particular device has been lost (or was never written), and the person who built it is no longer available. Integrated circuits often seem to have been designed on obsolete, proprietary systems, which means that the only way to incorporate the functionality into new technology is to reverse-engineer the existing chip and then re-design it.
  • Product analysis. To examine how a product works, what components it consists of, estimate costs, and identify potential patent infringement.
  • Digital update/correction. To update the digital version (e.g. CAD model) of an object to match an "as-built" condition.
  • Security auditing.
  • Acquiring sensitive data by disassembling and analysing the design of a system component.
  • Military or commercial espionage. Learning about an enemy's or competitor's latest research by stealing or capturing a prototype and dismantling it.
  • Removal of copy protection, circumvention of access restrictions.
  • Creation of unlicensed/unapproved duplicates.
  • Materials harvesting, sorting, or scrapping.[SUP][4][/SUP]
  • Academic/learning purposes.
  • Curiosity.
  • Competitive technical intelligence (understand what your competitor is actually doing versus what they say they are doing).
  • Learning: learn from others' mistakes. Do not make the same mistakes that others have already made and subsequently corrected.
Platform:
C#.Net, Turbo C, Windows Vista/Windows 7
Apply Now!
17. Biometric Enabled Smart Ration Card

The function of the system is as follows
1) Every User is Provided with a Card which is of EPROM type
2) The Card is Registered by the Government Authority
3) At the time of Registration, The Users Face Sample and Other Details are Stored
4) At the Time of Authentication, duplicate users presence is checked
5) Once a card is allotted, the User Needs to Bring the Card Every time he visits the Ration Shop to collect the Ration.
6) At the Time of Ration Distribution, first his Face is verified. Once face verification is successful, user is asked for a PIN, if PIN is valid, then he is subjected to get the Ration.
7) Before Distribution, Ration Distributors voice is authenticated.
8) The Weighing Machine is checked for proper weight. If the Weight is proper, then the ration is distributed and the distribution details are stored.

Check latest jobs
Re: A reverse engineering approach for converting Conventional Turbo C code to 64 bit

Is there anybody here who wants to share a creative Idea Here?😡
Just put anything that is interesting, But keep the thread alive.
Hi Rupam

Currently Sourcing For Ideas To Complete My Final Year Project, Looking For Some Sparks To Generate Ideas and Was Looking Towards Web Based Applications (Based on PHP)

Do you have anything that can help to trigger my thinking?
in a Web based solution, developing a website is just not "The Project" anymore with almost CMS available for all type of websites like blogging, Hotel Management, Learning Management. However working with web mining might be a Good Idea( What I feel). It could be something like collect a server log from a website and than generate the trends of traffic or activity. Or, It could be a more "Technical Stuff" like detecting opinion in the blogs or Forums. If you love challenge, Gender classification of the users based on the forum post with machine learning will also be a great stuff. where as if you are PHP enthusiast , writing your own mod for Drupal or MyBB will be a fantastic Idea. Not only that will help you in project, once completed, you can share with their respective communities to get good name and fame. If your work is a "wow", you may ask for donation through "pay pal" and trust me they flow in!

More queries are welcomed.
Apply Now!
Hi,

Base from your reply above, is a norm for people to create web base from cms etc .. i will agree ..

could you suggest me some title where i can delve into which are related to to web based solution for me to pursue further?

thank you
Apply Now!
Web based Solutions are primarily categorized into:
1) Websites: Like Agricultural Distribution System
2) E-Govornance System
3) E-commerce System
4) Bulletin Boards
5) Social Networks
6) Apps for Sites like apps for Facebook and Twitter and digg.com
7) Mod for CMS like mod for drupal, joomla, MyBB, WordPress
8) Web analytics
9) Web Mining
10) Location based Services
11) Your own CMS system

By the way, why dont you try a fully featured CMS powered by SMS?
hi mr. rupam, do you have an email address so i can talk with you further??
One more Idea is Wireless Mobile Charger. It is bit challenging.
Apply Now!
Emmanuel Yong
hi mr. rupam, do you have an email address so i can talk with you further??
We dont share our email addresses. We Dont need to. put your query in the forum. Please never request any personal information. We are here to give knowledge not our personal information. Then no community will survive. Hope you get what I want to mean. And asking for personal details always leads to misinterpretation by new members. So please avoid asking such details.

Check latest jobs
Duplicate File Remover( A real time software)

Have you ever copied the file in desktop before mailing. Than? The files remain there. Do you delete? Probably you copy the desptop file in a separate folder. In todays software world, there are several files which are stored at different locations. It consumes a lot of memory ( or disk space rather).

Write a software that runs a scheduled process ( in the night when you are not working) and groups the duplicate files. Like word document and similar files. Now the manager lets you know how many files are similar and what their similarity level is. You can take actions like deleting or migrating duplicate files to another folder for deleting them in future.
Looks simple????? Check out
is this new one............. as i m interested in doing some totally new not done before real world projects....so can suggest some or many
i want totally new ones which nobody did before...

Check latest jobs
Can you write C program of Factorial in 8 different Methods? And can you compare the performance of each methods? Even that would be a New Idea. It is not significant what you want, more important is to know what you are capable of doing. You need to specify your expertise, your domain of interest and and your other details. Then write it in a paragraph. That will give team over here an Idea of what you want. By than, what you want is not really motivating anybody

Check latest jobs
hello sir,
i m 4th yr cs student , my area of interests are as follows:
doing projects based on:
cloud computing
android os
artificial intelligence
spying sofwares

please suggest me some innovative ideas based on above fields
i m very good at c ,c++ if u hav any innovative project ideas based on these languages which fit to final year project level suggest them too.....

i m ready to learn and putting more than 100% effort to do anything pls help ......
See none of the Domains you mentioned work with C/C++ unfortunately. android runs on java, cloud runs on java/CE, For projects of Artificial Intelligence you can refer our thread "Creative Crazy Ideas for Final Year Students". I dont suggest a spying software as a project for your Major!
thank u very much for replying.......
so then give me some ideas based on android and cloud computing
Apply Now!
in cloud computing:
1) Satellite Image merging over Cloud
2) Real time P2P network integration over cloud
3) Distributed Micro-blogging over Cloud
3) Voice Mining Over Cloud

In Android:
1) Android based Social Networking ( Like Blackberry Messanger )
2) Android apps for RSS reading.
3) Android based apps for Ticketing, E-marketing, E-learning, Health care,

I have given the example for you to get the Idea

Check latest jobs
are the topics really tickling you to go for them? Write in . because if nobody is interested in a crazy Idea, it's crazier to keep giving those Ideas!!!
the last idea is great it is also really helpful!!it seems that u have a great brain frd!!anyway i post a thread voice aided device i feel that u r interested in such subject can u see it and help please
but my project is not for email and not for blind!! what i want is for example a mute person who uses sign language wants to order pizza in the restaurant but the waiter cant understand sign languages so my project is to let mute people to talk by translating the sign language into text and from text to voice..what i imagine now is to use the cam of my laptop and the mute person sit in front of the cam and start using sign languages with his hand the cam will detect the pattern and translate it with some programming i will do into text and then with some application the text is spoken aloud in the computer
Apply Now!
Thank You. These are good ideas, however, i'm looking for some ideas dealing with Semantic Web for a my final year BE project.
Something not too complex as the field itself is an uncommon one, but still complex enough for it to be a BE Project.

Check latest jobs
ap08
Thank You. These are good ideas, however, i'm looking for some ideas dealing with Semantic Web for a my final year BE project.
Something not too complex as the field itself is an uncommon one, but still complex enough for it to be a BE Project.
Sementic web means extracting the rules or meaning from web sites or internet. Some of the stuff that you can attept is

1) Detecting terror realated activities over internet using web mining techniques
2) Gender classification and trends based on blog sphere or word presss blog and comment analysis
3) Opinion mining in Blogs and Polarity detection in Blogs.
you can find some related topics in
Mtech Project Topics on E-Commerce Social Networks and Web Mining
Rupam Das
Sementic web means extracting the rules or meaning from web sites or internet. Some of the stuff that you can attept is

1) Detecting terror realated activities over internet using web mining techniques
2) Gender classification and trends based on blog sphere or word presss blog and comment analysis
3) Opinion mining in Blogs and Polarity detection in Blogs.
you can find some related topics in
Mtech Project Topics on E-Commerce Social Networks and Web Mining

I'll see those.
Actually i was thinking more towards something like a tool for the development of Semantic, like an RDF generator etc.

Otherwise, could you suggest any plugins i could create for any IDE, say Eclipse?
You can go for Building a Plugin like ATOM reader or RDF, but as they say " Do not invent the technology! Use it and Improve it".

We have really all types of feed generators and readers. What is lacking is "Analyzer". If you are more interested in feeds,

"Automated feed speaker" will be a great choice. Just build a desktop software. Give it a feed from various news sites. It can determine the variety in news and based on that select the best Items and speaks out for you."

Check latest jobs
Rupam Das
You can go for Building a Plugin like ATOM reader or RDF, but as they say " Do not invent the technology! Use it and Improve it".

We have really all types of feed generators and readers. What is lacking is "Analyzer". If you are more interested in feeds,

"Automated feed speaker" will be a great choice. Just build a desktop software. Give it a feed from various news sites. It can determine the variety in news and based on that select the best Items and speaks out for you."
Thanks. I will look into these.

(My mistake for not making it clear, but actually i meant any plugins, not just related to Semantic Web. I don't have a fixed domain as such yet, so keeping other options open)

I was also thinking on the lines of any projects related to usb sticks or sd cards (but not having to deal with microcontrollers etc)
Innovation can be simple but good. 😀

Anyway, this place is helpful, if you get more ideas, please keep posting!
Apply Now!
Build a UML plugin boss. Thats missing badly from Eclipse. Not only class diagram, generate DFD, Sequence and all other automatically from the code! That would be a project that you can sale like hell!

It is neither that difficult not impossible.

Or write an Image Processing Plugin.

Or Write a Biometric plugin

or write a Micro Level Version control for Code Plugin

or Write a Matlab plugin for Eclipse

or Write a data warehouse + Hybernet integration plugin
----------------------------------------------------------------
or Best, write a Code publish plugin, so that written code gets directly published in CE lab!!!!
Location aware Personalized Assistance
Problem: These days many people have to visit several places due to professional requirement. For example doctors, Medical Representitives, Sales Man, Service Support Stuff. When they go to a new place, invariably they have to find out the information about that place, have to ask people or search in internet manually to know more about the place. That is not only time consuming but also not technically efficient.

Solution.

In this project the objective is to build such a system where by when a user arrives at a place, from his GPS information, the local Map is downloaded in his mobile along with the information about Hotels, Lodge and Resturants, Doctors, Vehicle Rent service of that place, near by tourist places and other information that he subscribes to. Further these informations are managed with deeper local searches. That means the information is managed area wise in a city. It also loads the phone numbers of the friends and their addresses over that area.
Search Engine based on SMS

Submit the search through SMS. Server finds the search and forms a meaningful SMS as result, it than sends the result as search.
Apply Now!
I am Just not ready to let this Thread Slip......😁 I will keep posting Ideas...

Check latest jobs
Any ideas about something related to Google's Go language?
doing a great job bro
Muhammad Jawad
doing a great job bro
Thanks you for the Appreciation. that keeps me motivated.
Apply Now!
Remote WINDOWS Registry over Internet

Registry is a Memory Location where all the system information is stored
The original goal of the registry—the system wide data repository—was to replace INI files that were used in the early days of Windows to store user and application configuration data There were several good reasons to replace INI files. First of all, they are text-based and easily edited in a text editor. As such, they are subject to unauthorized access and easy tampering Furthermore, INI files impose size restrictions; one cannot store more than 64KB of data in a single entry In contrast to all this, the registry is subject to security policies and can be manipulated only through special tools (like the Registry Editor) and API functions. Such a programming interface shields developers from having to change their code should Microsoft modify the internal registry structure. Upon installation, the operating system also creates a system.1st file in the root directory of the C drive. This file is a snapshot of the registry taken at the moment that Windows is correctly installed
In case of serious registry damage, the existing system.dat file can be replaced with system.1st, and all applications can be reinstalled Windows 98 automatically backs up the registry during startup. A utility called scanregw.exe checks the registry status, and if all is working properly, performs a backup. However, you can run the utility at any time in order to make your own backup. The standard backup procedures copy all the registry files. To back up small portions of the registry, such as a node or a subtree, you can use the Export Registry File menu command of the Registry Editor (regedit). It allows you to select the branch to save and creates a text file with a REG extension. A REG file can also be used to enter registry settings later. The Import/Export Registry Editor feature is another option for backing up small branches of the registry before you test potentially harmful code.
The Registry has Six main Paths Which are called Root Keys
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
HKEY_USERS
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
HKEY_DYN_DATA
Local Machine contains the information about all the software and the hardware configuration Classes Root Contains the information about all the classes present in the system such as the Fonts and Speech etc.
Through our project we are going to manipulate the remote registries through networking so that even when a user is away from the desk he can manage the system. A server would b attached with the PC with IP. Whenever it sends a message the system would upload it and make the changes correspondingly.

System can be changed and new settings can be applied to the system if the system is connected with the internet by remotely logging into the internet.

Check latest jobs
Network Security Layer Implementation through Voice Biometric

There are various kind of data transmission that is taken place in Networking. Due to growing algorithms in ethical hacking and the threats in Trojan scripts in the networking data is no more secured. There are chances that the data is hacked and misused by unauthorized users. There are various ways of protecting the data. Few of them are firewall and spamming. But all of these methods deals with controlling IP addresses. The threats do continue if the hackers change their IP address or domain. The other way of securing messages is encryption technique like MD5 or RSA. But public encryptions are well being architecture to be broken. Therefore we would use the steganography to provide more protection to the message.
Therefore we would implement biometric Security for LAN data transmission. The network would first install sample speech in the database of all the authentic users. This would be done by means of speech acquisition. Once speech is stored any further data transmission and retrieval would only be allowed if the user is biometrically authenticated. For any transmission and receieving a user would need to speak his phrase. This would be first sample with 16KHz frequency. Then the sampled wave would be transformed using FFT. This FFT sample would be converted to logarithmic domain which is called Mel Frequency Cepstrum. The Cepstrum would be quantized using Vector quantization and would be checked with data base values. We would use binary search method to locate the original file. If the voice phrase is not found in database, user would not be authenticated to either transmit or receive.
hey ur ideas are really awesome.... cn u sugest somthing dats new n fresh in ur mind.... n m really up to working on music on facial expression one.... plz do reply....
This one is really awesome.... Grt rupam....
Apply Now!
Thanks for the idea

Check latest jobs
mady123
JAVA BASED FINAL YEAR PROJECTS
JAVA Based Online Shopping:
This project is a web-based online shopping application developed in JAVA LANGUAGE using Java as front end.
The main aim of “ONLINE SHOPPING” is to improve the services of Customers and vendors. It maintains the details of customer payments, product receipts, addition of new customers, products and also updating, deletion for the same. It also stores the details of invoices generated by customer and payments made by them with all Payments details like credit card.
College Library Management:
College Library Record Application is designed and developed for a receipt and issuance of books in the college library. The project is build using JAVA and Access. The librarian can add/delete/edit book and member details. Users can view the list of all books.
I dint find any crazyness in this. But as a topic they would have been fine if you had not copied it from

MCA Final Year Project Topics and Ideas | Final Year Project Ideas
Rupam Das
New Project Ideas ( Excerpts from New Project Ideas in C# Java)
7. Question paper Leakage Detection and Alart System
Multiuser Face Detection and Recognition based Attendance System
9. "
You might be interested in Listening these Songs too"
Virtual Mouse Using Hand Movement
Driver Drowsiness Detection and Drunk test based on eye tracking
Charming Index for Candidate Selection in Interviews
SMSblue-CMS

Stay Tuned to this thread. New updates will be posted regularly

Dude I like the idea of Multiuser Face Detection and Recognition base Attendance System. Can you help me out with the coding for the same. I would like to do it in C#. Can u plz tell me how to start, What all is required?, What all should be considered and so on?
Dude I like the idea of Multiuser Face Detection and Recognition base Attendance System. Can you help me out with the coding for the same. I would like to do it in C#. Can u plz tell me how to start, What all is required?, What all should be considered and so on?

Check latest jobs
If you are planning for C#.Net, you need AForge.Net with C# with DirectX technology. There are some face detection example in C# available. You can go through with any technique and let us know which one you are working with. I will tell you how to integrated that with Live Webcam!

Check latest jobs
Looking forward to more ideas on this topic. Want something really crazy!
Hi, this is very interesting idea. I want to make my final year project on voice based e-mail. please guide me about the platform needed, software and hardware requirements.
Thank you.
Rupam Das
1. Voice Based Email for ( Blinds?)

The idea is, create a class in .Net with .Net SMTP option
Voice Authentication is enabled using a Simple Melfcc features.
Microsoft Speech SDK is integrated with the programming Language.
Set of Commands are reserved like "start" ,"subject","matter","send","delete". Activate Dictation mode not command mode.
Try to generate event when user speaks these words.
Create a simple textBox editor. When user speaks, they get typed over here.
A pushMail interface to read from your GmailAccount.
When you say "Read", should featch the mails in List box and read sender and heading.
With Up and Down command you can select a particular mail
its body will be spoken out.
[To give an overview of what we are expecting in this thread, I posted the first reply. Let's See How Creative our CE friends are]😛

Check latest jobs
hei,ur ideas are just awesome....is this possible to make or is this available already ?
Apply Now!
actually i need an good idea for my final year project and i have to complete it in short span plz give me ideas.....
WOW! You got some awesome ideas there.
Hai rupam,
ur ideas are jst wonderful and very inspirational .iam doing my final year b-tech in IT.as a part of this,we have to do a project.i would like to workout something innovative ideas in android which will helpful for our society also.i expect something new from u.....also i would like to know about ur idea about sms searching
Apply Now!
Hey Rupam, found some really nice ideas for project here. Can you describe briefly about these topics you mentioned earlier?

1) Satellite Image merging over Cloud
2) Real time P2P network integration over cloud
3) Distributed Micro-blogging over Cloud
3) Voice Mining Over Cloud

Also, I thought of E-voting system. What are the things to be considered while making such system?
Apply Now!
Think of something on your own. What would an e-voting system typically have? Post your ideas so that we can extend it together. Start a new discussion if you wish. 😀
Besides the basic GUI, I think that it should have good security system. I am planning to make one which can be used even by blind people. Using Braille numbers and voice guidance which can be used even by blind people. I don't know if that is possible.
Killing Idea: Convert a Pdf to VoiceBook
  1. Read a Pdf file
  2. Apply Text to speech
  3. Convert it to a voice file
  4. Compress the voice through suitable encoding
  5. Design an Interface so that using voice command the file may be played, can be looped back to previous chapter or paragraph or search a particular phrase.
  6. And if you are mad enough design a FM transmission system which will transmit the voice-book.

Check latest jobs
Can you provide more details on "You might be interested in Listening these Songs too" project

Check latest jobs
hey,i hav an idea.actually itz a thought.i dont know how it will reallize and whether it is existing or not.please give me the directions..consider the case of paralyzed persons..if there is no one to help them ,what they do?so a touch screen that attached to the wheelchair should have the commands to move the wheelchair in left ,right,front or backward direction..if there is an obstacle in the path of the chair,findout that at a particular distance and automatically stops the vehicle..and also the wheelchair also contain some mechanisms to monitor the health condition of the patient and report or alarm the responsible person if any anonymous situation occures ..
You really have good ideas...I have an idea of making gesture recognition to perform specific task on pc using webcam..Is it possible to do it as my final year project...which environment should i use?
sir i am doing b.tech in computer science and currently i am in 7th semester. i liked your idea and i want to know the dependency of the project on battery of PDA. it is about the security system with bluetooth
Apply Now!
Nice Thread and great support!
Keep posting!
can we extend the security system Mr. Rupam mentioned through Bluetooth to be a networked architecture?? would like to get ideas on the same...

Check latest jobs
Resmimr
hey,i hav an idea.actually itz a thought.i dont know how it will reallize and whether it is existing or not.please give me the directions..consider the case of paralyzed persons..if there is no one to help them ,what they do?so a touch screen that attached to the wheelchair should have the commands to move the wheelchair in left ,right,front or backward direction..if there is an obstacle in the path of the chair,findout that at a particular distance and automatically stops the vehicle..and also the wheelchair also contain some mechanisms to monitor the health condition of the patient and report or alarm the responsible person if any anonymous situation occures ..
controlling of wheelchair through eye movement and through touchpad, both is achieved already.
azra09
sir i am doing b.tech in computer science and currently i am in 7th semester. i liked your idea and i want to know the dependency of the project on battery of PDA. it is about the security system with bluetooth
Dependency of battery for which project?
aviforevr
You really have good ideas...I have an idea of making gesture recognition to perform specific task on pc using webcam..Is it possible to do it as my final year project...which environment should i use?
You can perform gesture recognition on virtually any platform, but C# and OpenCV are the best options.
Apply Now!
5. Image-Lite ( an image as database object)

1. Create table
2. Store data
3. Now write this data as watermark in the image.
4. So the database that you are carrying is only an image
5. Query the database to image and retrieve the data.

Check latest jobs
I want to know whether developing a Web Browser with speech support in JAVA would suffice a "B.E. Project" Requirement... from my teachers, i got opinions that using available APIs, its just a matter of putting things together... is it really so??
AhmedAli Durga
I want to know whether developing a Web Browser with speech support in JAVA would suffice a "B.E. Project" Requirement... from my teachers, i got opinions that using available APIs, its just a matter of putting things together... is it really so??
Why you want to develop web browser? Using DOM add speech support to any web browser. Its a good work. You need to understand DHTML and Java Script. Yeah a good project It will be!
Do You mean a Plugin sort of system??... and what all i need to know for the same, over and above what you've mentioned above??

Check latest jobs
Apply Now!
Thank you for your support. I'm looking forward to this project. I've thought of both Speech 2 Text and Text 2 Speech for Chrome. I wanted to know that for integration with the browser, do i need to follow some specific approach?
The project topics are interesting.For final semester we are doing a mail server project.Please suggest us what new features we can add to the mail server.
Chethna Mallya
The project topics are interesting.For final semester we are doing a mail server project.Please suggest us what new features we can add to the mail server.
How about a Multilingual Mail Server?

@Rupam, is this possible?

Check latest jobs
Dancer_Engineer
How about a Multilingual Mail Server?

@Rupam, is this possible?
Multi Lingual Support is provided by browser, as lingual text transmission is UTF coded. You can send a Different Language text through gmail or yahoo. Instead of designing a SMTP server, which in my opinion cant beat existing mail servers, it is better to add a mail client, like outlook but with better facilities.

Check latest jobs
hello! The PDFs to audio book idea is very nice... is it possible to implement it in java? do java provide text to speech and reading PDFs API? Thank you for all your innovative ideas, they are amazing!.
Thanks alot 😀
hey as I checked multilingual support is already developed one.What is new in that again?
Apply Now!
Chethna Mallya
hey as I checked multilingual support is already developed one.What is new in that again?
Yes, I checked that later.
Ofcourse its not new, but you think of adding more features to it.
And also Rupam has given a good suggestion. Check for details on that.

Check latest jobs
Yes i went through what Rupam has suggested.Even that is already there.Our HOD is asking us to do something new orelse our project will get rejected.😔😔
Chethna Mallya
Yes i went through what Rupam has suggested.Even that is already there.Our HOD is asking us to do something new orelse our project will get rejected.😔😔
Looks like all HODs are alike. 😡

Well, you must do a project of your interest.
What are the elective subjects that you have taken or the ones that your college will provide you for the final year? You can do something related to that. Will work in your favor.

Even my final year project was 'a ERP system for Wholesale Distribution'. But there are so many ERP systems already developed.
So we added a Multilingual feature, SMS and email notification, Report generation.
friends I want to develope "e-Farming " web application plz give me your ideas....

Check latest jobs
Use Drupal 7.7 with UberCart, Google Weather API, View Module for a real time solution...
Apply Now!
Hey can the authentication mechanism using passwords to login can be changed?. Users often have to remember their passwords for different sites. Can this be avoided??.
Chethna Mallya
Hey can the authentication mechanism using passwords to login can be changed?. Users often have to remember their passwords for different sites. Can this be avoided??.

There are a few alternatives to passwords:
1. Passphrase: the longer the passphrase the harder to crack.
2. Cognitive Password: question and answer response as a password.
3. Biometrics: fingerprint, face recognition, iris recognition.
4. One-time Passwords: a password that is valid for only one login session.
5. Image based Authentication
Chethna Mallya
Great thinking😀 ... but this is the cheapest mechanism we are using from so long time. Any other mechanism will be harder to maintain and all kind of users will not be able to use it.
Let's hope, in future a new mechanism may be introduced without investing anything.😨

Check latest jobs
Wondering if anyone had any input. Just started my senior project on a team with 2 EE majors. I am majoring in Computer Engineering. The idea that we had was a user installable RFID lock system. Kind of like a low cost invisible lock. The user can install in inside a desk drawer at the office or even a cabinet at home. Within a range of about 3m, the keyfob tag would be read and the servo would disengage the lock. Once you leave the 3m range, the servo would automatically lock the drawer. No external keyholes means that it can't be picked or even let someone know that the drawer is locked.

So far, everything sounds good to me, but I am sure that there is something that I am forgetting. Anyone feel like taking some pot shots at my project to see if there is something that I am missing.

Check latest jobs
I did it couple of years back. You will get it mate. An interesting choice. Arduino would be a great choice for that tiny brain.... and by the way you just created the 100th post of the thread.
WzKid
Wondering if anyone had any input. Just started my senior project on a team with 2 EE majors. I am majoring in Computer Engineering. The idea that we had was a user installable RFID lock system. Kind of like a low cost invisible lock. The user can install in inside a desk drawer at the office or even a cabinet at home. Within a range of about 3m, the keyfob tag would be read and the servo would disengage the lock. Once you leave the 3m range, the servo would automatically lock the drawer. No external keyholes means that it can't be picked or even let someone know that the drawer is locked.

So far, everything sounds good to me, but I am sure that there is something that I am forgetting. Anyone feel like taking some pot shots at my project to see if there is something that I am missing.
Awesome! 👍

How about a Low Battery Notification through SMS?
Page 1 of 9 >>

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.