How to change email id after registering in TCS next step portal?

TCS NextStep portal is a website where you need to register for seeking job with TCS.

The registration is based on mobile number and email ID. A lot of candidates make the mistake of entering wrong email ID at the time of registration.

Change Email ID after Registration

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change your email ID after you have created an account. It is recommended that you create your account with utmost care and make sure to use strong password for your email account.

Many students who have lost access to their email account want to update their email ID in NextStep portal. However, upon logging-in you will find that the field is disabled along with your first-name, last-name and birthdate fields.

This clearly indicates that TCS does not want you to be able to change your email ID after account is fully created.

What to do if you wish to change your email in TCS NextStep?

Please refer to the following article: https://www.crazyengineers.com/blog/tcs-nextstep-portal-registration on our site for detailed steps related to account registration and common problems.

I hope you find this useful.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

You will have to send email change request to #-Link-Snipped-# which is the official support email ID of TCS NextStep related problems. 

Have you sent mail to them? Do mail then and then let us know if that solves the problem. 

• Yasha Jain
    Yasha Jain

Actually I have dropped them a mail regarding this and they have sent me a reply with a negative response that they would not be able to change ..Actually my current email id which I want to change has no problem in acceing it only it does not look appropriate for campus..so is there any problem if I continue with that email id only for campus??

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

It's important to have a professional looking email ID. However, if TCS said that they cannot change it, let it be. Create a new, professional Gmail ID and then use it to apply to other companies or for rest of the campus placements. 

Hope this helps. 

• Yasha Jain
    Yasha Jain

I have already created a new I'd ..but the TCS refused to change my I'd ..There can be any problem at the time of campus selection?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Posting question by #-Link-Snipped-# -

my current email doesn't exists, so I want to change it to new working email id. What I should do...whether this problem will solve? 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - I'm not sure if TCS will allow changing email ID. That'd lead to candidates taking undue advantage of their recruitment system. 

Your best bet is to re-create the email ID that existed and reset your account password. If that does not work out for you - the only suggestion would be to create a new account with TCS NextStep portal and fill-up information carefully. 

• Sharan Bhosage
    Sharan Bhosage

No, that existed email id is in the form of. Co.in

So we can't create. Co. In mail id publicly.

• Çhøkì Vîky
    Çhøkì Vîky

My email id provided for tcs recruitment is no longer available. Can i change my id. Is it any problem in it. 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Choki - I'm not sure what do you mean by "no longer available". Did you use any institute ID or something else? You should request your institute to provide it to you so that you can get important notifications. 

If you simple lost the email account; you will have to create a new one on Gmail. It's not possible to change your email ID. Use a new phone number, email ID and try signing up on TCS portal. It's going to be difficult to register again. All the best!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone please explain the difference between Fluctuating stresses and completely reversed stress with examples. I am OK with those graphs and those stress amplitude & mean stresses but i...
how many marks of exam?how many number of questions?
precautionary steps for malware detection .. can anyone help please