Social networking sites

Do you think social networking sites are eating our useful time?

But what do you think what is their main aim? If I can give you a hint, start with 'what do you think is social networking?' 😒

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    in my view nothing is waste of time if we use them in right way
    simply this is my answer
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Similar threads started already:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    AbraKaDabra
    Similar threads started already:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    BUt have you ever thought what is social networking as its meaning?

Go to market and you will find people doing social networking. The sites are just another aspect. I have gone through these threads and they lack one thing "What is social networking?"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think it's about 'Online Social Networking'.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    No Biggie, tell for yourself, close your eyes and tell me what is social networking? We do that right from our childhood. We make friends, we socialize with people. We build strong relationship with people. We wish them on important ocassions. What is it? Do we love every person whom we talk to? No. We talk to them because we want a strategic partnership to be built with them.

According to me this is social networking. 😀
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Social networking according to me is knowing and interacting with people online. It should be a way to share and discuss common interests with other personal relationships.
    But nowadays, all people do on social networking sites is chat with people they already know well and have talked to with on the same day in coll, etc., or upload photos without any consideration as to whether or not they look sober and nothing else.

Very few people today use social networking sites for *really* beneficial purposes like finding a long lost friend or publicizing any event or something like that.

Not to mention, social networking sites do take up a good amount of your time which could be used either way that could help you.

If you see today, children know how to use and all, most of the things about social networking sites while they don't even know the names of districts in their own state, or rather it would not be wrong to say that they are not aware that a certain district exists in their own state.

According to me, social networking sites and it's usage today is just another fad which has deteriorated our society.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yup I agree with you NION. People have nowadays lost general awareness about surroundings.

But what do we say about Linkedln? It is something which is used to build professional contacts, isn't it? I have no experience about it whether good or bad. I have just created my account and have opened it very less times.

Even a salesman does social networking.

But recently we have Governments almost thrown out of seat in Yemen while it is a growing demand that ali Abdullah Saleh should resign. It is due to social networking.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    @Ishutopre: I am in no way saying that social networking sites are totally useless. I did mention that if used properly these sites could prove to be very useful for individuals or a certain society/group.

But today, the darker side of the usage of such sites is prevailing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, there are a few pattern making materials which are used widely in industry. I will be telling you about them. Please correct me if I get wrong somewhere....
This is quite interesting. Researches funded by the Sao Paulo Research Foundation have found that minced banana peels are effective at absorbing toxic metal from water. Its good to know...
plz tell me about the regenrative braking sysytem. are these system used in cars these days,.,?what is the drawback of these.,.?
Can I use +5V and 0V for the power pins of the 741 Op amp if I'm only outputing 0 to 1V with it? I think I read somewhere that...
Dear Civil Engineers, I have collected about 2200 no of I S Codes through the free forums in internet. I wish to share the collection with the Civil Engineers of...