regenerative braking system

plz tell me about the regenrative braking sysytem. are these system used in cars these days,.,?what is the drawback of these.,.?

Replies

• Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Regenerative Braking is a type of electrical braking system.

In shunt Motors,when running in general normal condition .Now if due to,say,hauling load,speed increases above normal due to increase in speed the induced emf will increase and if it exceeds the line voltage,the machine will start supplying current to the line,thus have tendency to prevent any further increase in speed.(i.e.,when back emf E>V,therefore,armature current become negative.The motor drive,then acts generator which provides the braking torque.)
  • sau
    sau
    yeah said correctly by DK!!..What i think is that,there could be one more approach. If we have a electric drive with rated voltage of say 230(V DC). Then we have a battery set of rated voltage 12(V,which a most general case). When we encounter a braking situation, we disconnect the armature voltage supply (keeping the field excitation constant) and connect the battery terminals across the armature terminals of the electric drive.Under this situation we have the back emf generated by the drive will be certainly more that 12(V) and thus we would be able to charge the battery.
    Am i clear? what are your views CEans? ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Regenerative braking system is a system which slows a vehicle by converting its kinetic energy which is responsible for its motion, to some other type of energy.

Check this out. NISSAN

[video=youtube;nkFdOlEmvyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkFdOlEmvyc[/video]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can I use +5V and 0V for the power pins of the 741 Op amp if I'm only outputing 0 to 1V with it? I think I read somewhere that...
Dear Civil Engineers, I have collected about 2200 no of I S Codes through the free forums in internet. I wish to share the collection with the Civil Engineers of...
Social Activist Anna Hajare is on "Fast Until Death" protesting against corruption and introduction of the unbiased Lokpal Bill. I'm surprised, shocked and happy to see the way nation is...
Anna Hajare - 71 year old social activist is on fast until death, protesting against the corruption and unbiased, error-free Lokpal Bill amendments. I wish to know how many engineers...
Application Of Friction Part 3 -- video lecture Lecture on Engineering Mechanics by Dr.G.Saravana Kumar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your...