UA741CN Op Amp +/- Vcc

Can I use +5V and 0V for the power pins of the 741 Op amp if I'm only outputing 0 to 1V with it?

I think I read somewhere that you need to use a bi-poler power supply (+15/-15) for these chips, but I can't really find enough information in the datasheets, or google.

Replies

• shubhankar
    shubhankar
    the two terminals are +Vcc and -Vee which you need to power for the functioning of the OpAmp. they have to be provided with the supply. one terminal cannot be at 0V(grounded). there is a book by Ramakant Gaikwad on Linear electronic circuits. one complete chapter is based on data sheets. you can refer to that book. the pin no 7 is given +Vcc and pin 4 is given -Vee. pin 6 is output. 1 and 5 are used to null the offset (a 10k ohm rheostat is connected). 2 and 3 are inverting and non-inverting inputs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Civil Engineers, I have collected about 2200 no of I S Codes through the free forums in internet. I wish to share the collection with the Civil Engineers of...
Social Activist Anna Hajare is on "Fast Until Death" protesting against corruption and introduction of the unbiased Lokpal Bill. I'm surprised, shocked and happy to see the way nation is...
Anna Hajare - 71 year old social activist is on fast until death, protesting against the corruption and unbiased, error-free Lokpal Bill amendments. I wish to know how many engineers...
Application Of Friction Part 3 -- video lecture Lecture on Engineering Mechanics by Dr.G.Saravana Kumar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your...
Lecture on Centroids and Center of Mass under Engineering Mechanics by Dr.G.Saravana Kumar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your ideas in...