CE - Promoter Team

Hello CEans! ๐Ÿ˜

We've survived over 12 months on Internet & grown from 0 to 1600+ (at the time of writing this post). If you do the math, the growth rate is infinite ๐Ÿ˜

Of course, we have really great plans for CrazyEngineers. In order to make CE really successful, we need more CEans who actively participate in discussions & add value.

Getting more CEans will also help us kick-start our projects and give us confidence to execute them without any problems. I propose forming CE - Promoter team to spread the word about CE.

How do you like the idea? We can come up with various ways of promoting our CE website & actually make the dream come true.

What do you think about it? Flood in your comments.

-The Big K-

Replies

• aashima
    aashima
    That would be a good step to make CE more looked after. We can perfectly go forward in this direction.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aashima
    That would be a good step to make CE more looked after. We can perfectly go forward in this direction.
    Yep. We need to come up with Good Ideas in order to promote the CE community. As I said, without a better headcount, it will be really hard for us to take up activities.

-The Big K-
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    I agree with big k.

Why not go for Google's Adwords program? I think its the best way to promote the website. Is there a way where we could support CE? I m willing to contribute monthly.

Second best way is to invite our friends through email. To the best of my memory, there were talks about introducing invite feature. I think it will be a very useful feature.

Jerry
  • Neha
    Neha
    Jerry
    I agree with big k.

Why not go for Google's Adwords program? I think its the best way to promote the website. Is there a way where we could support CE? I m willing to contribute monthly.

Second best way is to invite our friends through email. To the best of my memory, there were talks about introducing invite feature. I think it will be a very useful feature.

Jerry
    I agree!!
    Invite feature would be a nice step as people will definitely join if their friends recommend.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jerry
    I agree with big k.

Jerry
    Google's Adwords is already under consideration, but I'm bit skeptic about its effectiveness. We'll give it a try anyways.

How about a competition on CE for designing an Adwords Ad? ๐Ÿ˜

I'm of opinion that we should come up with something that will attract world's attention to us.

Neha
    I agree!!
    Invite feature would be a nice step as people will definitely join if their friends recommend.
    Invites feature too, is being considered. I'll do the initial testing and see if it really works.

What else can we do to promote CE?

-The Big K-
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    The_Big_K
    I'm of opinion that we should come up with something that will attract world's attention to us.
    Sure, do you have anything on your mind already? Don't be impatient biggie, CE will grow over a period of time. I have been on CE since long and the growth is really well. At least better than the other forums I visit.

Jerry
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jerry
    Sure, do you have anything on your mind already? Don't be impatient biggie, CE will grow over a period of time. I have been on CE since long and the growth is really well. At least better than the other forums I visit.

Jerry
    Adsense ad has already been put up!

I'll start a contest to design AdWords Ad for CrazyEngineers ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    I posted my entry in the CE Ad design contest. Has anyone thought of linking us through social networking sites? Orkut, Hi5, Friendster & Facebook! There are many of them. But nothing works as good as word of mouth.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crook
    I posted my entry in the CE Ad design contest. Has anyone thought of linking us through social networking sites? Orkut, Hi5, Friendster & Facebook! There are many of them. But nothing works as good as word of mouth.
    The idea is good. But I'm more in favour of mouth to mouth publicity. It will take us some time before our word spreads ๐Ÿ˜ . Adwords ADs are working well and there's an improvement in the number of hits we receive.

Is there anyone who can spread our word through college magazines?

-The Big K-
  • desijays
    desijays
    The_Big_K
    But I'm more in favour of mouth to mouth publicity.
    -The Big K-
    No matter, how much we carry out a seemingly effective online advertising campaign like for instance through email, adsense, connecting through social networking and so on and so forth, they are all limited by their inherent inability in not allowing the aforementioned 'mouth to mouth publicity' by big k.

So, in my opinion, i think it would be to the collective well being of all crazy engineers to be able to meet each other atleast once as a means to getting to know who we all are. For instance, it would be nice to know who neha or xheavenly, jerry, pradypop, crook or aashima is. More importantly the person behind 'big k'. Besides, such a meeting would definitely generate interest if done properly.

We can post pictures of that meeting on the homepage of CE. That will give the impression to any potential CEan an idea of CE.

One more important thing is that, such a meeting will help us to discuss some of the things we have been talking about in the forums. Especially sections in the thread "CE labs".

This is only a suggestion. It is crude in its form. Infuse these ideas with your own interesting ideas, so we can make it 'fine'
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We have something really interesting here ๐Ÿ˜€ . I agree with Desijays that we all should meet. In fact, we have discussed about it in our CE Conference sometime back.

CE Meet can be arranged. I'll wait for more thoughts on this idea.

-The Big K-
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    The_Big_K
    We have something really interesting here ๐Ÿ˜€ . I agree with Desijays that we all should meet. In fact, we have discussed about it in our CE Conference sometime back.

CE Meet can be arranged. I'll wait for more thoughts on this idea.

-The Big K-
    Yepp!! CE Meets is a nice idea. I'm game for it. I suggest that we should have a meet by end of 2007. Let us organize local CE meets first. Of course we can put the photographs of CE Meets on front page.

I want to meet biggie, pradypop, desijays, neha, crazyboy, rick, crook, aashima & xheavenlyx! ๐Ÿ˜
  • crook
    crook
    Jerry
    Yepp!! CE Meets is a nice idea. I'm game for it. I suggest that we should have a meet by end of 2007. Let us organize local CE meets first. Of course we can put the photographs of CE Meets on front page.

I want to meet biggie, pradypop, desijays, neha, crazyboy, rick, crook, aashima & xheavenlyx! ๐Ÿ˜
    I'm game for the idea. Why do you suggest end of 2007 for CE meet? Can we not meet sometime in June-July?

So who is on the CE Promoter Team?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Some suggestions that came to my mind -
    1. Blog banners for site promotions and back links to blogs, et al
    2. Would request the Techies to contribute some real interesting stuff over here, if the content is good enough, we can "digg" the story
    3. Some entry into the offline world ... through magazines, workshops, actual meets (this is gonna be a tuffie)
    4. CEans can talk to their respective engineering colleges for putting up a link to this site (although it could entail money, cant really talk at this stage)
    5. How about a forum exclusively catering to jobs and companies that would have the following content -
      1. company profiles
      2. jobs openings
      3. resume formatting tips (have seen this thread on the forum)
    some of this stuff can be done right away, like the blog banners for instance ... Biggie, do we have any inhouse designers? we can put this stuff on our blogs ... what say ppl?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. Blog Banners: Fantastic Idea. We do not have designers yet. But how about taking this up as an activity in our CE Labs? Any takers?

2. digg: Yet another Fantastic idea. Let us hope to have more articles & knowledge sharing on our trade specific forums.

3. Actual Meets/Workshops: One good thing about CE is that we have people from all over the world. We'll have to wait for some more time to actually organize a meet. However, let us look forward to a small meet sometime next year.

4. Spreading word in colleges: Sounds great. We are too small ( ๐Ÿ˜ ) to actually spend money on putting up our links. But how about spreading our word through college magazines? CEans can take this up activity themselves. I bet it will be fun to write about CE and our plans.

5. Dedicated forum for Jobs & Postings: In past, we had a forum dedicated to Jobs & Postings. But later on it was removed (because we didn't get many posts in it). But right now, we have 'General Help' section, which can very well accommodate job openings, resume writing tips. The basic idea behind 'General Help' is to provide help on 'anything'.

I guess it would help a lot if blogs mention our site in permanent links or in posts. Also, word of mouth does a great job, so do not forget to tell your friends ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    (Bumping an old thread)

Can we have brand ambassadors for CE ๐Ÿ˜?

-The Big K-
  • maverickk
    maverickk
    Ya it will b good to find a brand mbassador for CE but dont u think wud b early enough to take such kind of step...๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    maverickk
    Ya it will b good to find a brand mbassador for CE but dont u think wud b early enough to take such kind of step...๐Ÿ˜”
    Well, the brand ambassador need not be an actor or actress ๐Ÿ˜ . Every CEan is a brand ambassador .

How about that? Can we bring in our friends who are into engineering to CE so that this place becomes even more wonderful & useful to each one of us?

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just to update our gang of CEans ๐Ÿ˜€ -

I had been to an engineering college and talked to professors about CE ๐Ÿ˜ . Everyone loved CE ! ๐Ÿ˜

Since CE can benefit lot of engineering students, I've been asked to 'present' CE to the students. So for over next few days, I'll be doing the presentations in classrooms. I guess its going to be a great experience.

I was just wondering if our CEan gang can come up with great ideas (well, any idea is a great idea) to make CE popular among students/professionals? How many 'leaders' do we have in our CE gang? Let us hear from the people who love to make things happen!

-The Big K-
  • djnachi
    djnachi
    Promoter's on its way..

Big K'

You can simply count me on that. Before joining CE i used to hardly surf on the net. My frequence would be once a month or even less. BUT after becoming a CEan its almost daily I surf looking for something new, more innovative which i can put on the CE blog in order to add up its value. Just like what I mentioned in my introduction lately that "CE is the place where an Engineer can get Upgraded"..

So mouth publicity about OUR (yep your included) forum, ๐Ÿ˜ as well as desired mails are already on there way. Told few of my seniors studying abroad who I feel can surely become a value adder. So now No stopping !!

By the way Big K' what exactly your seminars gonna promote, I mean are they going to be completely technical or in general to put a focus on CE..??

Regards,
    Dj Nachi. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There you go! ๐Ÿ˜

You must have seen (if not, check CE Labs) we are high on damn-so-good-ideas. But the ideas can be turned into reality only if we get more members in our gang (more means, active).

For those who do not know, our gang includes CEans aged 17 - 62 from almost everywhere on the planet. But we have to grow much more. As I said, I talked to professors in colleges & they all liked CE very much. Everyone thinks that we can do a great value addition if we spread our word through colleges and through companies.

I'll do 10 min. talks in classes and tell students about CE. CEan-Mayur (mayurpathak) might join me shortly. We'll try to reach as many students as possible. That's our action plan for now. If you want to join in, drop us a mail at editorial at crazyengineers dot com

So many ideas & so much fun. We just need to implement them as soon as possible. ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    CE has been adding value to its members and I think CE should be known to every student and professional out there. I personally believe that this community is very much different from others and has an immense power to make a difference.

But as I see, we still don't have a plan to spread our name. I am sure that most of us, who are regular over here are spreading CE's name. At least, I do ๐Ÿ˜‰ . Someone from CE also started a community on orkut and I think it has helped CE grow at a faster rate in recent times. I think all CEans should come up with strategies to spread our name.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With nonrenewable sorces of energy getting exhausted Electricity(spl.Wind,geothermal) is definately the way to go....โ€‹ Electicity is such a convinient form of energy that most of the sources of energy converted...
Well certain renowned scientists recently have joined hands and collected a big amount of money to try and extract energy from Nuclear Fusion method to combat with the ever increasing...
[FONT="]#include[/FONT] [FONT="] main()[/FONT] [FONT="] {[/FONT] [FONT="] clrscr();[/FONT] [FONT="] printf(โ€œ%%%%%%%%%%%โ€);[/FONT] [FONT="] getch();[/FONT] [FONT="] }[/FONT] What is the Output ? Give Reason also......................
Can anyone throw some light on how does recovery disc works coz if we have deleted data from our Computer then howz its possible to recover the same? It means...
Well CEans time to get started. We'll have our Quantitative Analysis questions of the CAT - 2006 in this thread. Lets see whether the CEans find it easy or difficult...