Can India ever beat China in manufacturing?

In the last decade or so, China has emerged as the top manufacturing destination for the world. From Apple iPhone to Diwali Lamps - China is manufacturing everything and making it available to the world for the prices that are unbeatable.

India, on the other hand has emerged as a services provider in the IT domain; but has lacked getting its feet wet in the manufacturing sector. If my own guess is valid; it's going to be the 'manufacturing' sector that will see a boom in coming years and India has to be ready for it.

Just wondering if India will be able to catch up with, let even beat, China in manufacturing? Does India have what it takes to 'create' at prices that can beat others?

Replies

• Lalit77
    Lalit77
    As per my knowledge we dont have as good vendor chains as in China.There should be the manufacturing hubs or clusters that has to be developed where all the industry needs can be fullfilled.Means for manufacturing any machine most processes and suppliers should be available within the area of clusters.Processes should be localised to avoid inflation due to imports.
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    The_Big_K
    In the last decade or so, China has emerged as the top manufacturing destination for the world. From Apple iPhone to Diwali Lamps - China is manufacturing everything and making it available to the world for the prices that are unbeatable.

India, on the other hand has emerged as a services provider in the IT domain; but has lacked getting its feet wet in the manufacturing sector. If my own guess is valid; it's going to be the 'manufacturing' sector that will see a boom in coming years and India has to be ready for it.

Just wondering if India will be able to catch up with, let even beat, China in manufacturing? Does India have what it takes to 'create' at prices that can beat others?
    not even in the oracles dream
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I would say it is very likely in the near future For this we need a effective spear in the front and willing citizens in the back

If both are there then we are in the race. If the race onsets you know our Indian Mentality of following the same old Beaten path, Within a decade after this change the target is in our reach
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    Conqueror
    I would say it is very likely in the near future For this we need a effective spear in the front and willing citizens in the back

If both are there then we are in the race. If the race onsets you know our Indian Mentality of following the same old Beaten path, Within a decade after this change the target is in our reach
    dude bottom line
    maybe
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    Heard somewhere that in 2050, India will beat China in Population. Yes, lots of people having no work can create a huge manpower and thus facilitate in building those industries. But, still does India has enough place to create these manufacturing Industries? Because China is very BIG, and have huge non-agricultural area.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Japanese engineer has developed a smart trash can for the people who are lazy to put their trash into the trash can and are incredibly bad at throwing it properly...
Housing.co.in is an interesting startup from Mumbai that shows you the homes available on rent on Google map. The site makes it incredibly easy to locate and find the details...
Yet another interesting startup to watch for. Paceable makes it damn easy to offer customer support through your gmail. The company has developed an Chrome add-on that integrates well with...
Okay,so Asteroid 2012 DA14 will pose no risk to Earth today😁 , I am curious to know what if scientists discover that an asteroid will actually hit the earth,I know...
Expert psychologist Prof. Dean Keith Simonton fears that geniuses are an extinct species. Quote: Dean Keith Simonton, a psychology professor at the University of California, has published a comment piece...