What if an asteroid actually hits the earth!

Okay,so Asteroid 2012 DA14 will pose no risk to Earth today😁 ,
I am curious to know what if scientists discover that an asteroid will actually hit the earth,I know about the damages it can do,but what will scientists do?I mean they can't change the direction of the asteroid nor they can move earth to some 'safe' place in universe!
What then!!😲

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Well the asteroid did hit the earth. Russia is the unlucky country.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    CE Designer
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    more like bruised
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    CE Designer
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    it's not astroid hits Russia , its meteor shower which are very small in size.
    DA14 is about double size of Olympic pool and could be a serious concern to earth.
    Check this link : #-Link-Snipped-#

I can't able to watch DA14 from my place, totally cloudy here😔

Any way here the path of DA14 if anyone want to watch via a binocular..
    Astroid
    Find exact location using Sky Map - Apps on Google Play .
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Whats In Name
    I mean they can't change the direction of the asteroid nor they can move earth to some 'safe' place in universe!
    What then!!😲
    We can change the orbit of Asteroid.
    Scientists have proposed a system known as DE-STAR, Directed Energy Orbital Defense System which is designed to resemble energy of Sun & convert it to massive phased array of laser beam which can destroy,evaporate & even capable of altering asteroid's orbit away from Earth.
    Read more : #-Link-Snipped-#
    & Laser-blasting System Could Vaporize Big Asteroids - Universe Today
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Troll_So_Hard
    We can change the orbit of Asteroid.
    Scientists have proposed a system known as DE-STAR, Directed Energy Orbital Defense System which is designed to resemble energy of Sun & convert it to massive phased array of laser beam which can destroy,evaporate & even capable of altering asteroid's orbit away from Earth.
    Read more : #-Link-Snipped-#
    & Laser-blasting System Could Vaporize Big Asteroids - Universe Today
    Interesting read. But this is just a purposed system. No actual system is present today which could destroy asteroids, Lets hope they could build this one before 2029☕
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The only problem in this technology is that If the Satellite is capable of altering the path of such a huge Asteriod It can adversely impact the effects of earth and its stable gravitational field

Do check center of mass shifting of earth and this satellite which can change the orbit of earth
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    An asteroid striking our planet -- it's the stuff of science fiction. Many movies and books have portrayed this possibility ("Deep Impact," "Armageddon," "Lucifer's Hammer," and so on).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Expert psychologist Prof. Dean Keith Simonton fears that geniuses are an extinct species. Quote: Dean Keith Simonton, a psychology professor at the University of California, has published a comment piece...
Quote: The chipmaker's gaming device, Nvidia Shield, comes with a quad-core Tegra 4 processor, offers between five and 10 hours of gameplay, and is smaller than a Wii U controller....
Here is an interesting article on the reason for only negative tolerance on drawn bars: https://pmpaspeakingofprecision.com/2013/01/29/why-tolerance-is-minus-on-bars-for-machining/
It lasts about half an hour. Worth every second of watching. Without any more ado here we go to the International Space Station: https://www.wimp.com/orbitaltour/
chaitu203 asked in conversation: hi everyone..​i wanna do my major project on solar panels...so anyone kindly tell me the projects based on solar panels.. ​​It may show better participation here.​