View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12933 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

Static and mobile Solar Panels

chaitu203 asked in conversation:
hi everyone..
i wanna do my major project on solar panels...so anyone kindly tell me the projects based on solar panels.. ​

It may show better participation here.​
Presumably the idea is not to develop the phto voltaic element itself but developing an assemblage of currently available elements in a form to fit some intended purpose.

Unless more details are forthcoming it is difficult to give any meaningful response.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 15, 2013
Well, yeah; apart from turning solar energy into electrical energy and then using it for various purposes; I've not seen any 'innovative' solar projects. I think we also will have to think about the 'scale' at which chaitu203 wants to operate.

The immediate need would be to have a portable solar panel + charging kit that will help people charge their mobile phones. I think that'd be an interesting project to work on.
The_Big_K
The immediate need would be to have a portable solar panel + charging kit that will help people charge their mobile phones. I think that'd be an interesting project to work on.
That might be a worthwhile project. Immediately doable. Tata solar sell such panels. I am sure there are others too.
An A5 size panel can charge a 5W lantern for a couple of hours operation, or an LED lantern for about 5 hrs.

Share this content on your social channels -