World without SELECT statement in a database

This question was asked in the interview :-

Explain this statement :
"Imagine world without SELECT statement in the database."

Please have some comments over this.As i am not getting how to answer this.

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i think he mean to say is imagine the world without select is we are selecting many things there if there is no selection in anywhere we cant be more specific about that matter so my answer will be like this if i imagine the world without selection there will be nothing there and there will be no questions and answers too
    correct me if i am wrong
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    Select statement is used to create views in a database. Without select statement we will not be able to execute our queries properly.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    It's looks like some one has lot of money with him but he can't use it ,i mean what is the value of that thing if we can't use it
    Select statement is used to retrieve data from database ,but if there will be no select statement how the data retrieval will be possible?
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Well said goyal....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I sometimes read amazing/humorous/inspiring status updates by people 😀 So, just a thought popped up in my mind, could we have a similar facility for CEans to use on CE?...
hi all I am here to find out the technical resume tips. If you have any suggestion feel free to replay. I saw many resume which is not well formatted...
We have all experienced that the flow of traffic on a highway is a sensitive function of its volume. Whenever the traffic density reaches a certain level, hold-ups begin to...
A complex processor architecture (unlike the CISC) has a rich instruction set in terms of addressing modes and instructions. Goal of this project would be to simulate such a processor...
Debate Topics Collection (All these topics have been discussed on CE over the span of last 5 years) Have a look: Is BE+MBA a better saleable combination today? | CrazyEngineers...