Computer Science Project Idea : Road Traffic Simulator

We have all experienced that the flow of traffic on a highway is a sensitive function of its volume.
Whenever the traffic density reaches a certain level, hold-ups begin to appear. This effect is caused by one car slowing and setting up a chain reaction in the vehicles behind.

The aim of this project would to be to create a visual road traffic simulator.

The number and characteristics of the vehicles should be programmable i.e. the range of reaction times of the drivers, the type of vehicles, the skill of the drivers, the effect of obstacles, etc.
The simulator should be capable of testing ways of improving traffic flow.
For e.g. limiting the number of vehicles that can enter a junction over a given period.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Gosh, every time I'm stuck at traffic, I wished someone would actually work on this!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A complex processor architecture (unlike the CISC) has a rich instruction set in terms of addressing modes and instructions. Goal of this project would be to simulate such a processor...
Debate Topics Collection (All these topics have been discussed on CE over the span of last 5 years) Have a look: Is BE+MBA a better saleable combination today? | CrazyEngineers...
Dear all, As Praveena211 cannot log in(her internet connection is not working), I am posting on behalf. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. Praveena got selected in CTS and Infosys in a...
With engineering colleges popping up in every parts of the country like mushrooms, I seriously doubt whether the overall quality of engineers 'produced' in India is degrading. I personally see...
Different student says different procedures of private companies campusing. Please anyone tell me the complete procedure of campusing, what are the rounds and what were the subjects from where the...