Facility for Status Message for CEans

I sometimes read amazing/humorous/inspiring status updates by people 😀

So, just a thought popped up in my mind, could we have a similar facility for CEans to use on CE?

For eg: Whenever we post, our Name and Title and Avatar appears beside the post. In a similar fashion a small text box (with fixed character length) could appear under the avatar, where CEans could post their status.

What do you think guys? 😀 It would be fun!

Replies

• shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Oh! So making it similar to Facebook! Great idea but then we already have a similar service(the CE conference) people do post whatever they feel there!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    I think its not good for our engineering forum ,as we can opt for other alternatives.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What do you folks think about twitter like service hosted on sub-domains of CE like status.crazyengineers dot com . It can be useful while collaborating online with members.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I think I am negative here, but let me tell you my views.

We dont need twitter like service now, we should opt for it probably when our projects are in progress.

The twitter service will only reduce the post count and CE will become an entertainment site. More time will be spent there.

As AKD said, what I feel is to have a small box just to update the status and when someone mouse hovers the username the status update will be displayed.

I think we need to wait for few more months atleast to have this twitter one!!

Sorry for being negative , but thats my thought.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    It'll turn out like this:

[08:15 +5:30 GMT] Biggie: Eating breakfast- bread with jam- yum!
    [08:30 +5:30 GMT] ES: Getting into car- so sleepy
    [22:45 -5:00 GMT] Gohm:
    Trying to sleep
    [08:55 +5:30 GMT] ES: Stopped at traffic light- some other crazy biker ran the red light
    [23:45 -5:00 GMT] Gohm: Still trying to sleep- damn neighbor with loud music!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all I am here to find out the technical resume tips. If you have any suggestion feel free to replay. I saw many resume which is not well formatted...
We have all experienced that the flow of traffic on a highway is a sensitive function of its volume. Whenever the traffic density reaches a certain level, hold-ups begin to...
A complex processor architecture (unlike the CISC) has a rich instruction set in terms of addressing modes and instructions. Goal of this project would be to simulate such a processor...
Debate Topics Collection (All these topics have been discussed on CE over the span of last 5 years) Have a look: Is BE+MBA a better saleable combination today? | CrazyEngineers...
Dear all, As Praveena211 cannot log in(her internet connection is not working), I am posting on behalf. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. Praveena got selected in CTS and Infosys in a...