Complex Architecture Simulator - Computer Science Project Idea

A complex processor architecture (unlike the CISC) has a rich instruction set in terms of addressing modes and instructions.

Goal of this project would be to simulate such a processor so that users can contrast it with RISC processors.
This complex processor does not require a full instruction set because it is intended only to demonstrate certain principles. The computer should interpret instructions directly. Meaning to say that the assembly language does not need to be converted into machine code.

If possible, the simulation should be done in Java in order to convert the simulator into an applet that students can access from the Internet. However, this simulator could also be written in one of the visual languages.

Replies

• medeepak
    medeepak
    Can you be a bit bit more detailed on the complex processor you mentioned and in what ways it is different from CISC
    any links about it would be kind of you

regards
    deepak
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I read about that project idea somewhere while surfing and thought I should share.

I haven't done a study over the subject. I think this link might be of some help though : #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Debate Topics Collection (All these topics have been discussed on CE over the span of last 5 years) Have a look: Is BE+MBA a better saleable combination today? | CrazyEngineers...
Dear all, As Praveena211 cannot log in(her internet connection is not working), I am posting on behalf. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. Praveena got selected in CTS and Infosys in a...
With engineering colleges popping up in every parts of the country like mushrooms, I seriously doubt whether the overall quality of engineers 'produced' in India is degrading. I personally see...
Different student says different procedures of private companies campusing. Please anyone tell me the complete procedure of campusing, what are the rounds and what were the subjects from where the...
The quality of engineers being produced in the country? Questionable. This lacuna, in fact, stems not only from the lack of trained faculty, but also the dismal spending on research...