Infosys Or Cognizant: Help Me Choose One

Dear all,
As Praveena211 cannot log in(her internet connection is not working), I am posting on behalf. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY.
Praveena got selected in CTS and Infosys in a placement drive yesterday. She is required to choose and let the company know today before evening. The pay scale is exactly the same. But she is confused, which one to give, and which one not to give. Someone please help her. She is a very active CEan and She deserves a help from all of us.

Hope some help will come,
On behalf of praveena211,

AJ

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is going to be a tough one as we don't know what exactly are these companies offering. For fresh graduates it doesn't make much difference as both companies will eventually offer similar projects/work. If there's any information about where she'll be placed (city) by these companies, then that could be one of the selection criteria.
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    Cognizant๐Ÿ˜›
  • TheV
    TheV
    I heard that Infosys is very strict compare to cognizant.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Go for Cognizant.

1. 99 percent you will be placed at Chennai.
    2. Work culture is better compared to Infosys.
    3. I was from Cognizant , so I love that company ๐Ÿ˜
  • Reya
    Reya
    @all:Thank you so much๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveena211
    @all:Thank you so much๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
    Tell us what was your decision ๐Ÿ˜€

@E-S: Good points. Any insights on how is work culture at Cognizant better than at Infosys?
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Biggie:I selected CTS๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The_Big_K
    Tell us what was your decision ๐Ÿ˜€

@E-S: Good points. Any insights on how is work culture at Cognizant better than at Infosys?

I guessed someone would ask this ๐Ÿ˜

So here are my points,

The points I quote about CTS is my experience and Infosys is what I heard.

1. At CTS, the politics are comparatively less to most of the companies.
    2. The project deals are done at the US unlike Infy(I guess Infy is following this from this year) so we have a bit of transparency on dead lines, and deliverables.
    3. At Infy, I heard that there would be lot of documentation stuff than coding.
    4. In hand salary differs more, I mean there are some hidden deductions in salary at Infy.

All the points about Infy I heard from colleagues!!

@Praveena: Great ๐Ÿ˜€ I thought you would email me !!
  • Reya
    Reya
    @ES:Thanks for your suggestion!Sorry i could not access the net yesterday and thats why i could not mail you!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    @praveena :CTS is best
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    Congrats Praveena,.. You deserved the best..CTS is cool place to work
  • Reya
    Reya
    @ciscool:Thank you๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With engineering colleges popping up in every parts of the country like mushrooms, I seriously doubt whether the overall quality of engineers 'produced' in India is degrading. I personally see...
Different student says different procedures of private companies campusing. Please anyone tell me the complete procedure of campusing, what are the rounds and what were the subjects from where the...
The quality of engineers being produced in the country? Questionable. This lacuna, in fact, stems not only from the lack of trained faculty, but also the dismal spending on research...
Call it India's Engineering Paradox. Despite this nationโ€™s rise as a technology titan with some of the worldโ€™s best engineering minds, Indiaโ€™s full economic potential is stifled by potholed roadways,...
hello, i want to add a button which is being created in photoshop in html page. button i dont know how. please somebody tell me the way. thank you very...