Will "Ubuntu touch" Surpass 'Android' & 'iOS' ?

I used to (& still) watching very closely to development of the Ubuntu touch mail-listing & update since past few months & I gotta say that, there is just too much of development going on in Canonical.
There's almost all basic applications for Ubuntu touch were coded in mere 10 days in QML. Also, developers are adding patches on daily basis.

Ubuntu touch has very attractive user interface & with huge popularity of Ubuntu, it also has vast developers community support. So there will be large pool of applications for Ubuntu touch too.

Do you think, ubuntu touch has potential to surpass Android or iOS ?
share your opinions.

Replies

• mail154
    mail154
    Surely..The Popularity of ubuntu would take it to the next levels. No one have imagined about the growth of Android. But It Done That. Surely The Ubuntu Touch would surpass Android and iOS as the techy people always like the one which is newer,trendy and stable. The Pool Of Applications Will be on tons. But definitely Android and iOS's Traces would be left behind as this crazy world has the people who use Win 8 and 98 Simultaneously 😀 😀
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    #-Link-Snipped-#

With Ubuntu,there is no need to use antivirus in pc,is it right?
    Though it is popular, i dun think it is going to supress android and ios.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Apurwa.Thakur
    #-Link-Snipped-#

With Ubuntu,there is no need to use antivirus in pc,is it right?
    Though it is popular, i dun think it is going to supress android and ios.
    Yes Apurwa, you're right.
    But 'Ubuntu' is the desktop linux based operating system which is an alternative to Windows & OS X operating systems, while 'Ubuntu Touch' is mobile operating system which probably gonna be replacement to Android & iOS. (Firefox OS, Jolla Sailfish & Tizen 2.0 are emerging too)

BTW, I think that 'Ubuntu Touch' gonna kill iOS . Canonical have Amazon & vast community along it's side for the support.
    Let's wait & watch 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well Degree Stopping Paper It is really a torment for every engineer in the IT, CSE and ECE firm Well let's see some easy tips and methods to tackle this...
Well most of the time it is cause of the basics we fail a lot big time https://www.crazyengineers.com/resources/pn-diodes.620/ This presentation is a best and quick time method to brush up...
Yes the New generation Jeep Grand Cherokee is on edge to make a global impact in the forthcoming NewYork auto show. SRT-Street racing technology Can You imagine the power of...
Hi everyone. Does Any one know have any idea about pgdst course from cdac kharghar? Is it good and how are the placements? Ps: i didnot know in which subforum...
Everyone of you, for once have said this sentence to your closest one, haven't you ? Teachers & Parents also say it to the kids. Rhonda Bryne wrote the whole...