Let's Rock DSP

Well Degree Stopping Paper It is really a torment for every engineer in the IT, CSE and ECE firm

Well let's see some easy tips and methods to tackle this mammoth subject will always be a welcome to any engineer

Do you guys have tricks to unravel this mysterious customer?
DO share here Awaiting replies and I will work extra bit on it to keep post my share as well

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    DSP, I think one of the easier subjects an electronics engineer studies. 😉 . Let's talk about all the concepts (dedicate a new thread for each of the new topic).
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    This is one of the most interesting subject. I had a good score. Credit goes to my teacher.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Can you post us the question or syllabus to start a healthy discussion
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    am very much interesting to learn the concepts of DSP/.lets starts CEans .............
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The very first topic to differentiate the usage of Power in a signal and the Energy of a signal

Though it seems very easy to think both are really important and different terminologies

Can anyone find a proper explanation of this ?
    Next comes the role of each and every transform in DSP It may be Fourier or Z or Fast fourier any tries on explaining this is also welcome

Answer tonight 😉
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well no takers I guess

We go for transforms like fourier and stuff only cause it is easy to represent a large signal in the time domain as a single frequency term in frequency domain

Large signal in time domain implies Signal having infinite time period

This in frequency domain has very small or single frequency
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well 20 days hard work has paid at last a complete tutorial on the basics of DFT is ready will be posting it here in CE in the next month and we will have regular DSP classes really soon here in CE

Portions to be covered

Introduction to DTFT
    Properties of DFT
    Linear convolution
    Circular convolution
    DIT And DIF method of transformation

Hope it helps all here in CE
  • aady_007
    aady_007
    This will be one of the best thread.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Okay

I am sure we are not to be easily pushed aside this time this is truly learning and learners here we go Tomorrow we will be starting the first topic

Things to be brought to class:
    • A little note to work some problems
    • A little basic idea about what a signal is
    • A little idea on power and energy of the signal
    • A little idea about Fourier
    Once you have this you are all set for classes from tomorrow

PS: My datacard is not fit to upload resources so pls bare with me I can't do much this week only a small intro of DSP will be done
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Hello folks this is the beginning of a great series of tutorials for mastering DSP in a simple sense

We are eager to have a healthy discussion here and all queries will be answered in this thread or in a thread you guys start
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Sorry about the error folks the pdf in the previous tutorial is inverted and so I heard that it was difficult to read

I have done a little change hope it helps
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Back to class now

Class 2

Well previously we must have learnt about transforms like Laplace transform Fourier series, Fourier transform, Z transform and stuff This class primarily concentrates on the relation ship between the transforms and DTFT Hope it helps

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Resource 2
    This tutorial primarily focuses on the relationship between DTFT and fourier series( both periodic and Aperiodic) and also the Z transform

Hope it helps

#-Link-Snipped-#

Sorry for Inconvenience due to jpg form resource
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Pls note that the Fourier transform is completely different from the DTFT the reason is clearly pointed out in this thread
    Difference between Fourier transform and DTFT
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    Thanks Guys ...Educative Discussion table not bad for who are wants to seek knowledge ....
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Resource 3:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

• Periodicity
    • linearity
    • Circular shift and circular Symmetry
    • Time reversal of sequence
    • circular time shift
    • Circular frequency shift
    • Complex conjugate
    • Symmetry of DFT
    • Multiplication of two DFT(Circular Convolution)
    • Parseval's theorem
    • Multiplication of two sequence
    • Circular Correlation
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Resource 4:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The tutorial covers the following topics
    • Computing DTFT
    • Divide and conquer approach
    • DIT algorithm
    • 8 point DIT block realisation
    • A little about Bit reversal

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well most of the time it is cause of the basics we fail a lot big time https://www.crazyengineers.com/resources/pn-diodes.620/ This presentation is a best and quick time method to brush up...
Yes the New generation Jeep Grand Cherokee is on edge to make a global impact in the forthcoming NewYork auto show. SRT-Street racing technology Can You imagine the power of...
Hi everyone. Does Any one know have any idea about pgdst course from cdac kharghar? Is it good and how are the placements? Ps: i didnot know in which subforum...
Everyone of you, for once have said this sentence to your closest one, haven't you ? Teachers & Parents also say it to the kids. Rhonda Bryne wrote the whole...
Moore's law is not an exotic term in Electronics, You might be surprised to know that there is no physics behind this law. This law is not related to any...