Why Not 'Men's Day'?

The world celebrates Women's Day. I'm wondering why not have a Men's Day? Any opinions?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    The world celebrates Women's Day. I'm wondering why not have a Men's Day? Any opinions?
    Good Question... The reasons why we are NOT celebrating...
    1. Already there are enough number of days (women, children, father, mother, teacher, students, valentines, workers,...)
    2. Ladies needed some good amount of encouragement so they started this.
    3. Men haven't done anything special, but women can bring life... by giving birth... which men cannot do...

I guess these are the reasons... πŸ˜€ Moreover, now Dr. APJ's birthday is celebrated as Students Day... πŸ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Women's day is not anything new.Women's day which was celebrated on 8 march 2011 was infact 100th women's day.
    Society was initally male oriented where men were the primary bread earners whilst women were home carers. Slowly with time Women too took up roles of sharing the home expenses by earning. Women's day was intially known as " International Working Women's day" to celebrate the very purpose of existence of working women. Later was extended to all women .

now , when we can celebrate something based on mythological stories, whats harm in celebrating a real change in society??

PS: I least expected this question from the thread starter :-|

@ Praveen : Dear, Ladies don't need encouragement in form of celebrations, they are well off with their determination. All they need some peace of mind from male sovereignism
    I meant, it was a time when ladies been ignored right? Only full of male dominations... Now both are equal...
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Its not being ignored, it was rather a scope of work what both handled. Infact I can proudly say - women were the ones who started to venture into the other sect . Men still don't enter kitchens or don't do much of household work. So they are infact still stuck to their sect. Incase of parental emergencies , its again women who say " I can let go my career for my baby" can a man do the same?
    Womens; day just makes her realsie how special she is, how special her role is in the society and in her family.
    durga
    Its not being ignored, it was rather a scope of work what both handled. Infact I can proudly say - women were the ones who started to venture into the other sect . Men still don't enter kitchens or don't do much of household work. So they are infact still stuck to their sect. Incase of parental emergencies , its again women who say " I can let go my career for my baby" can a man do the same?
    Womens; day just makes her realsie how special she is, how special her role is in the society and in her family.
    Hey, what about the cook in the 5 star hotels? All are men only... People are there... πŸ˜›
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    dont pull me into arguing πŸ˜›

i doubt those cooks cook at home, they have chosen cooking as profession( their own sect you see ) , so ob they will cook for others .

Let's not digress this thread πŸ˜›
    durga
    Incase of parental emergencies , its again women who say " I can let go my career for my baby" can a man do the same?
    And also, what you said I will completely agree... Mothers will sacrifice anything for their kids, even their lives... If not for my mom, I wouldn't have been an engineer. I would have been some guy, who is leading a set of cows (my dad used to say, if am not studying well, poi maadu meika dhaan laaiku)... πŸ˜› And no offence from your side... Don worry, plus, where is your VM???

I guess you took the conversation seriously, pl take it cool...
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hmm.. I sense some heat..

Someone asked me this question some day. I replied something similar to what Durga has said above.. But that question was still in my mind.

After thinking about this question long and hard for a considerable amount of time, I can only say this.
    Women have only one day.. We have all the rest of the 364 days.. πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Anyway, seriously, I think the reason we dont have a Men's day is because in our history, we never felt a need to honor the contributions made by men to the society and celebrate men as the pillars of the civilization.
    You see, women's day came into existance because women were suppressed and they needed a way to come out of it. The same is not true of men. So, there is no Men's day. πŸ˜€
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    πŸ‘πŸ˜ .Every day is mens day. Then why do we need to celebrate a specific day..we celebrate every day.πŸ˜›
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Durga:I second you πŸ˜€
    I just wanna say something here... Its just a discussion and no need to take it really serious... Now the topic not only became hot but its like forest fire... Please be cool!!! 😎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I knew I should have been the last person to start this πŸ˜€ . Don't be serious about it.
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    durga
    Women's day is not anything new.Women's day which was celebrated on 8 march 2011 was infact 100th women's day.
    Society was initally male oriented where men were the primary bread earners whilst women were home carers. Slowly with time Women too took up roles of sharing the home expenses by earning. Women's day was intially known as " International Working Women's day" to celebrate the very purpose of existence of working women. Later was extended to all women .

now , when we can celebrate something based on mythological stories, whats harm in celebrating a real change in society??

PS: I least expected this question from the thread starter :-|

@ Praveen : Dear, Ladies don't need encouragement in form of celebrations, they are well off with their determination. All they need some peace of mind from male sovereignism

Very true.
    There has to be a "LIKE" button to click on CEπŸ˜€
    just_Ritu
    Very true.
    There has to be a "LIKE" button to click on CEπŸ˜€
    There's already something like reputation... Biggie, install it!!! πŸ˜›
  • adityadv
    adityadv
    hey dude there was a saying in olden days in telugu " anni unna aaku anigi manigi untundi emi leni aaku egiri egiri paduthundi" just like that, v need not to have a specific day to celebrate every day is ours.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    @ durga: nobody here is saying there should not be womens' day. biggie wants to say if there can be womens' day then why not mens day. as simple as that.
    πŸ˜€
    shubhankar
    @ durga: nobody here is saying there should not be womens' day. biggie wants to say if there can be womens' day then why not mens day. as simple as that.
    πŸ˜€
    This is like Dasavatharam dialogue man! Lolz... By the way, Biggie, your question now turned from silence to violence... lolz... πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I knew it. It's in my DNA that no matter how I talk, it always has some 'rudeness'. I need some DNA alteration. I've a hunch that locking this thread is the way to go.
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    Shubhankar said it rightly. We don't need any specific day! Everyday is a men's day \m/ πŸ˜›
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ all

Just a point to be noted. I justified the existence of women's day as without a reason , we dont generally celebrate anything just like that. Now incase you find simialr reason for celbrating men's day- Go ahead ! As many pointed out may all days be men's day :neutral:

DISCLAIMER: No punt, digg or sarcasm or forestflames or what so ever intended
    Cool! Agreed with locking... πŸ˜€
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    praveenscience
    There's already something like reputation... Biggie, install it!!! πŸ˜›
    Ya, there should be some facility of Reputation on CE.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Oh God what a serious discussion.
    I think Women's day is celebrated just to respect and honor all the ladies of this planet. That's it.πŸ˜€
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    Biggie says: If there is a women's day then why can't there be a men's day?
    Some over here say: All days are men's day. So no specific day is required.
    Decide whether you want a men's day or not??
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    And yes, give some justified reasons, for women have risen from the bottom of this male dominated society to where they are now.πŸ˜€
    Whereas for men, they are still where they were (even if you call it the top celebrating everyday as men's day).πŸ˜›
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    just_Ritu
    Biggie says: If there is a women's day then why can't there be a men's day?
    Some over here say: All days are men's day. So no specific day is required.
    Decide whether you want a men's day or not??
    Great.. Well said Ritu..πŸ˜›
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    😁 πŸ˜€ 😁
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    The_Big_K
    I knew it. It's in my DNA that no matter how I talk, it always has some 'rudeness'. I need some DNA alteration. I've a hunch that locking this thread is the way to go.
    Biggie, if you get to know the method of that DNA alteration, do let me know too. I face the same problem.
    No matter whatever I say, I end up being rude to others.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    just_Ritu
    And yes, give some justified reasons, for women have risen from the bottom of this male dominated society to where they are now.πŸ˜€
    Whereas for men, they are still where they were (even if you call it the top celebrating everyday as men's day).πŸ˜›
    there is nothing to rise above the pinnacle, after the pinnacle we have a deep valley. and ofcourse no one would want to jump into that. so the top as you mentioned is okay with men, if women want to rise (fall) above the top they are most welcome πŸ˜›. to conclude bosses need no development we did not rise because as you said we were at the top for which we celebrate everyday. so no need for men's day..you all keep rising we are there to help you.(no offense.reply to the above quote ends).
    long way to go for women upliftment.(not a taunt. damn serious). lets share a healthy and equal status in the societyπŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We've profile visitor message enabled for all the members. If you have a comment that is not a part of the ongoing discussion (Ex. suggestion to the member), you...
Hi all.. I'm George, new to this forum and hope i have to get and share some useful information here. And i'm happy to stay here with you all.
A day before yesterday the world celebrated Womens' day. And a day before that I came across a couple of articles. 1. By Engineer Apprentice Survey: few engineers can name...
😑this s main prblm for me` exam time,hw ll ctrl the sleep?:😁😁😁
Just received this email on the name of HDFC bank If anyone received this kind of email ,then just ignore it Dear Valued Customer, At HDFC Bank, we take the...