What makes engine different from pump in a four wheeler?

is it true that if pump rotates ones then engine rotates twice .......for example if pump makes 500rpm then engine makes1000rpm........why is it so?Which part is responsible for that?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I think you confuse your self with cycles per revolution in a 4 stroke engine with the Rpm

Am not sure but still very out of the line qn do elaborate a little for us to comprehend it
  • shatarupanaskars
    shatarupanaskars
    tell me in any vehicle pump is used to lift fuel then ......when pump lifts fuel once the engine rotates twice may be it 2 stroke or 4 stroke......
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    shatarupanaskars
    tell me in any vehicle pump is used to lift fuel then ......when pump lifts fuel once the engine rotates twice may be it 2 stroke or 4 stroke......
    dear according to ur given situation,it becomes 4stroke...
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    shatarupanaskars
    is it true that if pump rotates ones then engine rotates twice .......for example if pump makes 500rpm then engine makes1000rpm........why is it so?Which part is responsible for that?
    The part that is responsible for this is the reduction gears which connects the engine crankshaft to the pump shaft.

the gear ratio is 1:2 in your case, which means that the gear sitting on the pump shaft is twice bigger than the engine gear so that for every one rotation of the pump gear, the engine gear rotates twice.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Conqueror
    I think you confuse your self with cycles per revolution in a 4 stroke engine with the Rpm

Am not sure but still very out of the line qn do elaborate a little for us to comprehend it

I don't think there is any confusion. but anyways, in the case of a 4 stroke engine a power stroke is obtained for two rotations of the crankshaft, but for the two stroke engine, power stroke is obtained for each complete rotation of crankshaft.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any way of creating shortcut icon using command prompt or C ???
I am having a free time waiting for my DOJ , I want to do something interesting and fun with computers, be it programming or designing but something different, It...
Hiiii to all CE Fans I got admissions from Deakin University and Central Quensland University ( Australia). I need all your suggestions and expectations about the future of these two...
I'm using nokia-c2 00.I wanted to transfer a videoby bluetooth from my laptop which was transferred to it from iphone.But my mobile is not supporting the same.Is there any way...
Hey guys I installed some game files like Black ops 2 and other recent games in my system and found this error flashing and saying that I have to reinstall...