Vespa 946 India Launch At Rs. 8-9 Lakh This Year - Features & Specifications Overview

Piaggio, the Italian automobile brand, will be soon launching its super-premium scooter called 'Vespa 946' in India at a Rs. 8-9 Lakh price range. The company recently launched its third two-wheeler in the market with Piaggio Vespa S Launched At Rs. 75K - Will The New Ride Win Indian Hearts? and it received a mixed bag of reviews. Piaggio will be conducting a market research in India before it can make plans to bring a 300-400 cc scooter with a revolutionary concept for the consumers. It has disclosed plans of launching Vespa 946 within next 3 months as a completely built unit. Before the official launch happens, let us take a look at the scooter's features and specs in brief.

Powered by Piaggio’s new 4-storke 125cc 3V monocylinder engine with maximum power of 11.7 hp at 8250 rpm and maximum torque of10.3 Nm torque at 7000 rpm, Vespa 946 features electronic injection, ABS braking system and ASR electronic traction control. The two-wheelers gets large 12-inch wheels and dual disc brakes. The outer body - including the handlebar, saddle support, side panels, and front mudguard - is developed out of sheet steel with aluminum. Other than these, there's the LED headlight and a full LCD dashboard. In the image below, you can see that every detail reflects a choice and a reference to Italian-style production.

vespa-946-images-4

vespa-946-images-2 vespa-946-images-1 vespa-946-images-3

One thing is clear that the Vespa 946 is aimed only at the premium consumers. The Vespa 946 Limited Edition was sold in the U.S. at a MSRP of $9,946 . Piaggio has been successful in selling 80,000 scooters since its launch two years back. We believe that there's still time for the creation of premium space for scooters. But it might just happen.

Till the time, we get details about the official launch price and availability details, take a look at how the Vespa 946 is handmade in Piaggio factories. Here -

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Premium customers?
    I dont believe it would be selled with a price tag of Rs.8-9 lakhs.
    One word- over priced.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    pretty much foolish to buy this one at such a price!!!!!!!!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Most people won't like the looks of that scooter. India has maximum number of budget-friendly consumers. Not sure if they can create such a super-premium segment.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am a 500 level student in the Electrical/Electronics department. my final year project is the design and construction of a 1000VA UPS. I'll need help on this, circuit...
Every year, tens of thousands of students from all over the world visit CrazyEngineers to look for project topics and project ideas for their final or third year academic submissions....
How an operating system interract with hardware?
Oscar Mayer, the American meat company famous for its wieners, has created the first-ever, bacon scented app and plug-in accessory. It has made use of some potential bacon-themed dreams into...
hi,am working on a project of ripening of mangoes by the application of thermal energy.my idea is to design a portable thermodynamic system and apply heat to the system to...