Transistors : Voltage of collector base vs base width

when the voltage of collector base increases then the base width decreases.....then what will happen if the band width increases or decreases ?

Replies

• vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Bandwidth in the sense? You talking about AC analysis?
  • satty lavanya
    satty lavanya
    no dc current will flow through the collector current so.i mean what is.the difference between if the band width in the sense that in the transistors we have emitter, base and.collector and the region between emitter and collector.i.e in pnp transistor electrons transfer from emitter to collector.so.by the increase of electron concentration only increse or decrease of band width occurs soooooo i m aksing what wil happen if it increse or decrease?
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    I'm still confused. I presume that you are talking about "base" width.If base width increases there will be less recombination occuring in the base region thus huge amount of majority charge carriers are injected into the collector as minority current flow and thus base current lowers. When base width is zero,there's a possibility of voltage breakdown.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    when the width of the base increases the amount of recombination increases theoretically but it never happens to affect the collector current

but when it decreases (always happens ) the collector region fuses and what is called the "PUNCH THROUGH EFFECT " occurs well this effect if once set in the collector current will be high enough for you to fry and make your transistor to rest in peace
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    vinod1993
    Bandwidth in the sense? You talking about AC analysis?

it is base width and not band width my pal
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    jeffrey samuel
    it is base width and not band width my pal
    Yeah, possibly
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    yes am agree with my CEion jeffrey samuel width is only varies with respect to the base and collector junction.because we know transistor is a combination of a 2 diodes so,base and collector junction which represents a diode phenomenon width increase or decrease may happen according to biasing concepts like forward and reverse bias.if RB width increases if FB decreases....
  • satty lavanya
    satty lavanya
    i m sry.its my mistake.it was base width only

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody, My name is Idir, a second-year student at the institute of electrical and electonic enginerring - Boumerdes University . During the last summer i have done a pre-internship...
Triple spark ignition is used in pulsar 200NS.why triple spark is used.any advantages with this?
Honda has become the first company in the world to weld steel to alumium for the subfames of the upcoming Honda Accord 2013 (North American version). The new technique forms...
Mark Zuckerberg enthusiastically answered the question fired at him by Michael Arrington to grip the attention of a rapt crowd at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference. Instead of sharing the whole...
So I was invited as a guest of honor at installation of the entrepreneurship development cell in the 'top private engineering' college in Maharashtra. Upon reaching the venue, the organisers...