Spark Ignition in Pulsar 200NS

Triple spark ignition is used in pulsar 200NS.why triple spark is used.any advantages with this?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Royal enfield has got something called twin spark.

this means that it has two spark plugs for just one cylinder.

does this mean that there are three spark plugs in pulsar now ?
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    That would give better combustion efficiency and hence mileage would ultimately be better. Yes it has 3 spark plugs and it fires 3 times for a full cycle to complete.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    Actually the flame speed inside the combustion chamber is increased by using 2 or 3 spark plugs.While using one spark plug,after the spark is produced it has to ignite the air-fuel mixture and the the flame front has to move downwards and burn all the fuel inside the combustion chamber.Now at higher rpm there is not enough time for all this to happen , result is that some of the fuel remains unburned.Now using 2 spark plugs we can produce 2 flame front, which will result in more complete combustion.This increases fuel mileage.
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    By using two or three spark plugs,is chances of occuring detonation is more or less.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    But whenever we are using more than one spark plug for just a single cylinder, then isn't the battery energy being overused ?

what do you guys think ?
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    Don't know much about ignition circuit in pulsar.I will refer and reply soon.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    Okay.The two spark plugs do not fire at the same time.One of them fires before the piston reaches compression TDC and the other fires when piston is at TDC.Its got a electronic circuit which decides the ignition timing depending on the input form a crank position sensor.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    zaveri
    But whenever we are using more than one spark plug for just a single cylinder, then isn't the battery energy being overused ?

what do you guys think ?
    white_hat
    Okay.The two spark plugs do not fire at the same time.One of them fires before the piston reaches compression TDC and the other fires when piston is at TDC.Its got a electronic circuit which decides the ignition timing depending on the input form a crank position sensor.
    I would say this But am not sure if what #-Link-Snipped-# says is true then the power consumed by this ckt is very small and so the battery is not over used

And once the engine starts to run the battery is not used to trigger the spark plugs. Part of the engine power produced is itself consumed to start a spark plug

Hope I am right cos I heard it a long time back
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    jeffrey samuel
    I would say this But am not sure if what #-Link-Snipped-# says is true then the power consumed by this ckt is very small and so the battery is not over used

And once the engine starts to run the battery is not used to trigger the spark plugs. Part of the engine power produced is itself consumed to start a spark plug

Hope I am right cos I heard it a long time back
    The capacity of a battery used in an automobile depends on many such factors, so we cant say that battery will be over used, it is capable of producing two sparks per cycle.
    If a battery ignition system is used then it will not produce a spark unless there is a battery.Then there are magneto ignition system which does not require a battery, these are used in lawnmowers and chainsaws.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Honda has become the first company in the world to weld steel to alumium for the subfames of the upcoming Honda Accord 2013 (North American version). The new technique forms...
Mark Zuckerberg enthusiastically answered the question fired at him by Michael Arrington to grip the attention of a rapt crowd at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference. Instead of sharing the whole...
So I was invited as a guest of honor at installation of the entrepreneurship development cell in the 'top private engineering' college in Maharashtra. Upon reaching the venue, the organisers...
I wonder what is the reason behind having such a shifting pattern. We have seen other bikes which had all-down (TVS-Suzuki times) or all up (Hero Honda). Now, 1-up &...
Here's a research paper project for BioTech Students - The investigation of signal transduction pathways is critical to the basic understanding of cellular processes as these pathways function to regulate...