PCB Design Software Training?Useful?

Hey, I am 3rd year E&C engineering student. I just wanted to know if the pcb design training is useful? I spoke to many people and they said that its not necessary as we get pcb's nowadays easily , so its better i learn some other course. So i just wanted to know if the course would be useful in future? Which software is better to learn ? ORCAD or KICAD or EAGLE any other? Please suggest.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's may not be necessary; but I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to make a career in electronics industry. Why not learn it just out of interest? The knowledge that you gain can be useful anywhere; no one can really tell what's going to be 'hot' in the future.
  • Priya Nadkarni
    Priya Nadkarni
    Thanks a lot. Which of the softwares are better/advanced? ORCAD,KICAD or EAGLE or any other? Please suggest.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Our faculty asked us to do final year project in campus only.So friends pls suggest me with some new ideas or projects using the above softwares.
i have a question related to digital communication. what is the need of two sine waves in PSK? not only in PSK even in DPSK, FSK, and QPSK... if any...
Here I came across a idea of creating a vehicle (say bike) with engine which have different cc (power) in different scenario. Suppose I have a 250cc bike which never...
Some of my friends keep saying that there is a lot of need to learn the foreign language other than English and Hindi. As for mechanical engineers, they can learn...