Phase shift keying...

i have a question related to digital communication.
what is the need of two sine waves in PSK? not only in PSK even in DPSK, FSK, and QPSK... if any one know the ans of my question pls ans.....

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    What do you mean by two sine waves? Does these sine waves have some name to refer like modulating signal?
  • neerajakshi
    neerajakshi
    i mean the two sine waves which we get at the output of carrier generator which r in out of phase with each other....
  • neerajakshi
    neerajakshi
    and when comes to FSK these two signals have different frequencies....
  • neerajakshi
    neerajakshi
    i thnk u still dnt get me.refer the block diagram of bpsk
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    neerajakshi
    i mean the two sine waves which we get at the output of carrier generator which r in out of phase with each other....
    Oh haha, well the answer is pretty simple. Two sine waves of two different phases are required for representing logic 1 & 0 respectively.

In FSK, again the same, some frequency X to represent logic 1 & other frequency Y to represent logic 0.
  • neerajakshi
    neerajakshi
    i/p is not always not in manner of 010101 . it may be 00000110001etc
  • neerajakshi
    neerajakshi
    u mean logic 1 or 0 of i/p data?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    neerajakshi
    u mean logic 1 or 0 of i/p data?
    Yups, for Logic 0 - It'll be some phase P1. For Logic 1 - It'll be 180 degree out of phase as of P1.

If you don't change the phase, you cannot distinguish between logic 0 & logic 1.

In case of FSK, you do this by having 2 different frequencies.

It doesn't matter the how's the sequence, if there are consecutive 0's then they will be represented by same phase (that's opted for representing logic 0) only.
  • neerajakshi
    neerajakshi
    ok can u tell me what is the use of NRZ-L coder in bpsk
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    neerajakshi
    ok can u tell me what is the use of NRZ-L coder in bpsk
    NRZ aka Non returning to zero is an encoding technique. The signals are generally encoded in order to optimize the signal for sending it over the channel. Its adds few error detection capabilities as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here I came across a idea of creating a vehicle (say bike) with engine which have different cc (power) in different scenario. Suppose I have a 250cc bike which never...
Some of my friends keep saying that there is a lot of need to learn the foreign language other than English and Hindi. As for mechanical engineers, they can learn...
Hi guys, how shall i start dijango framework in python. And also how shall i connect with git interface. Thanks! Ramprasad.P
IS IT NECESSASORY TO USE A NEUTRAL LINK IN A CIRCUIT? WHY ITS VERY ESSENTIAL?
i have prepared my project report and i have to submit it by 31st for funding. but still i have some queries and want clarifications can you guide me?