Is Polio Vaccination A Big Scam?

I'm curious to know - is the polio vaccination, its large scale publicity a big scam? I'm not a paranoid; but I'd like to go with the facts. The big advertisement is that the polio drops administered to the children below the age of 5 are completely safe and there are no side effects. However, I read several studies that there are indeed cases of vaccine related paralysis in absolutely healthy kids - and the facts are suppressed.

Indian Government spends several million rupees on offering the vaccine free of cost to the kids under the age of 5 - which directly goes to the vaccine making companies.

I want to understand - is it okay to skip the polio doses to the kids? Why has the United States switched over to the IPV (injections) over the OPV (oral drops) after claiming that polio has been eradicated?

I understand that I should probably ask this question in a doctors' forum than an engineers' forum; but the information may come from anywhere. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    I want to understand - is it okay to skip the polio doses to the kids? Why has the United States switched over to the IPV (injections) over the OPV (oral drops) after claiming that polio has been eradicated?
    It has shifted because polio has been eradicated.
    In many developing countries including India, wild polio infection is still prevalent. In 1 out of 2.4 million doses the OPV caused Vaccine-associated Paralytic Polio. This seems to be an accepted risk in mass vaccination programmes in such communities.

The US stopped the use of OPV since the community prevalence of wild infection got controlled. IPV (Inactivated Polio Vaccine) is used now in advanced countries, where community immunization has been achieved.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi ^_^ I thought Engineering graphics would be easy but actually it's not! I've exams within 2 days! -_-' Anyone can explain me how to construct scale of chords? It's...
Android SDK is proprietary and not Opensource ! Find it "Fake" news ? Ok! Go to THIS LINK Now, select any of the file for download & instantly the "Terms...
After release of Windows 8, most people complained about dual boot difficulties with Windows 8 & Linux OS. Well there is shortlist of Linux OS which will dual boot with...
Everyone once in life gets trolled. Apple Store in Germany gets trolled too 😛
Like I've said before too - Microsoft is good in marketing (They're god-like in marketing,no doubt) but when it comes to their work - they terribly suck! Not only that,just...