Why Game Developers should use OpenGL & not DirectX ? (Must Read)

Like I've said before too - Microsoft is good in marketing (They're god-like in marketing,no doubt) but when it comes to their work - they terribly suck!
Not only that,just for sake of profit they have ruined the entire gaming industry using "DirectX".

So, if you're technology enthusiasts or Game developer then this blog of David Rosen is for you to Open your eyes.
Check it out : #-Link-Snipped-#

Seriously hundreds of like to this blog & thousands of salute to the blogger(David).

Replies

• Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Nice Post
    Troll_So_Hard
    Like I've said before too - Microsoft is good in marketing (They're god-like in marketing,no doubt) but when it comes to their work - they terribly suck!
    Not only that,just for sake of profit they have ruined the entire gaming industry using "DirectX".

So, if you're technology enthusiasts or Game developer then this blog of David Rosen is for you to Open your eyes.
    Check it out : #-Link-Snipped-#

Seriously hundreds of like to this blog & thousands of salute to the blogger(David).
    Nice Post
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ashbeezone
    Nice Post
    Nice Post
    I am glad,you liked it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Troll_So_Hard
    I am glad,you liked it ๐Ÿ˜€
    Even I like Game Programming. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Applying for an internship for getting my skills brushed.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    #-Link-Snipped-# .. Could you share some of your experiences in Game Programming ?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ashbeezone
    #-Link-Snipped-# .. Could you share some of your experiences in Game Programming ?
    Nil,buddy ๐Ÿ˜”
    I am so dang confused atm.
    I have deep interest in :
    - VLSI/Embedded Systems (Hardware/Chipset designing)
    - Game programming (But strictly Linux)
    - Linux Kernel Development
    - Console hardware development

I am learning(I would rather say - just reading) C++(g++), OpenGL, SDL, Python & my ECE Subjects - it's like Tooo much work & even though output is zero ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    I have never coded a game,but planning to do one small game (in the end of 2013) - once i understand this creepy random libs of OpenGL & SDL.
    If you got any cute book or pdf file or any tutorial then do share.
    PS : Straight Linux - Not interested in Winblows or OS X.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Troll_So_Hard
    I am learning(I would rather say - just reading) C++(g++), OpenGL, SDL, Python
    But your knowledge is extremely amazing.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ashbeezone
    But your knowledge is extremely amazing.
    That's all theoretical knowledge, man.
    I am tryna implement it in practical world now ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Besides, I am having interest in various fields.
    1) Data Mining and Analytics
    2) Coding/Programming
    3) Software Development
    4) Mobile Application Development
    5) Game development (My Personal Favorite)

Though I had done a academic research and summer internship in Networking and Security, but don't want to have a career in Computer Networks at the first place. I am keen interested into the programming and analytic parts of every project I've worked. Very recently, I've also completed my another research in Web Data Mining and now I'm working on Twitter API using techniques of Social Network Analysis and NLP.

In the end, It's one and only Game Programming which makes me more interested and probably would like to have a career in the beginning.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Opera Software, the company behind the most popular web browser for Android & iOS will be launching newly designed browser that will be running on Webkit is named as Opera...
Hay guys, Gate 2014 is to be revised to accommodate exponentially growing exam takers. Refer below link https://gate.examsavvy.com/2013/01/gate-no-more-an-engineering-test.html Comments please....
I was informed yesterday (may not be a news to everyone) that the PSUs in India won't be able to recruit directly from the campus; but have been forced to...
Can someone here code a GUI based tool, preferably using PHP+MySQL to create automatic server backups at specified frequency, upload the backups to Amazon S3, sync the number of backup...
It is usually said and performed practically that material becomes hard after quenching. but my question is that why material becomes hard after sudden cooling? what happens to its inner...