Is it Okay to disable User account control feature?

I was trying to install Xampp in my Vista OS..but because of UAC turned on,I am not able to use all the features of Xampp,during installation it asks me to disable UAC to enjoy all the features..but I knew that turning UAC off is not a good thing(in terms of safety).What to do?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    If you check the official FAQ page of Xampp Website, you will find the solution.

Windows Vista has a few problems. One of them is Missing write privileges.
    In the directory "C:\program files" you don't have full write privileges, even as Admin. Or you have only limited privileges (e.g. for ".\xampp\htdocs"). In this case you can't edit a file.
    Solution: Raise your privileges with in explorer (right click / security) or disable the user account control (UAC).
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Thanks AKD,I didn't knew that we can raise privileges(really helpful) because in that way I don't have to disable UAC just for Xampp usage.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey buddies .. i'm doing my Btech in Computer Science and Engineering... currently im in 2nd year ... Recently I heard about the express diploma courses offered at niit near...
Hey! i want to make some innovative project on this platform in 1 week. But i need some innovative idea. i have done "Lcd,DTMF,LED Blinking,USART which contain PC controlled Robot,"....
i'm preparing for gate 2013 help me how to crack it. only 6 days for gate exam i afraid to write a exam suggest me some ideas please.
Most of the Govt jobs & entrance exams have this section. Some entrance exams [eg IIIT] have this as preliminary. I need some tips / books / sites / articles...
Transistor, the main component of all modern devices,usually uses very low voltage change to toggle between "ON" & "OFF" state (to act as switch). This approach of controlling voltage &...