How To Take Screenshot Of GRUB Menu/ Boot Menu ?

I am creating a pictorial tutorial for dual-boot of Windows & linux, I however found a way to save the screenshots from live images to cloud storage, but I also want to take the screenshot of GRUB Menu.

Is it really possible to take the screenshot of Boot Menu or GRUB Menu without using any external devices like Mobile or Camera ?
I have found many blog with GRUB Menu screenshots & I don't think it was captured by any external devices.

Any idea, CEans ? Is there any way ? Using Software or something ?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You can try loading it in a virtual machine environment ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ash
    You can try loading it in a virtual machine environment ๐Ÿ˜€
    I haven't used VME.
    Does GRUB Menu shows up in VM ? I mean we are not updating grub then how will it show up in Grub.
    Sorry, if my question sounds silly but I don't know that how does VM really works.
    I wanna reconfirm it : Will it show Grub Menu ?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yep. Have a go at using #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There has to be an app for that. Haven't used uBuntu since long time and have been away from Linux these days. OSX seems to work really well for me.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Kaustubh Katdare
    OSX seems to work really well for me.
    Ditching Ubuntu for OSX? Traitor... ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Ditching Ubuntu for OSX? Traitor... ๐Ÿ‘Ž

๐Ÿ˜˜ You know what? I became an OSX lover from an OSX hater. I just don't have to bother about 'configuring' things just to feel that I'm a techie. Productivity boost is incredible!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here, I will be using Windows 7 & Xubuntu 13.04 for pictorial explanation. Considering, Windows 7 is pre-installed; we'll further move for the manual installation process. Download any Linux ISO...
Back in 2004 Apple launched Airplay which allowed wireless streaming of data (Audio,Video,Pics,etc) between devices. However, it's proprietary stack thus you will need Airplay compatible devices like iPad, iPhone &...
Few hours ago in the MailPipe, announcement of the release of Fedora 19 has been made. We have already discussed about the features that's been included in the Fedora 19....
Paul Jacob, chairman & CEO of Qualcomm, in their IQ event in Moscow today highlighted the concepts to greatly improve capacity as reported by Telecoms.com. Three main points worth discussing...
The major automobile giants such as Tata,Maruti Suzuki,Mahindra & Mahindra,Hindustan Motors were on a good phase and march towards a better quality,design&standard. What would you support? whether BS or EURO...