How to get a job in current scenario?

Hello CEans..,
i am jayadeep pursuing B.E(ECE) and going to add a tag as graduate in 2014.Me and many of my friends are in lot of confusion that what should we do now, i mean generally almost many engineering colleges are having campus recruitment especially software companies like tcs,cts,infosys...etc.
QUESTIONS THAT WE WANT TO HAVE CLARIFICATION ARE:-

1.what should we aim for either campus recruitment (or) companies that recruit through gate score?

The problem here is the intake of software companies is getting reduced year by year and on the other side companies that recruit through gate score are government, so having reservation,so the number of seats for general is very less.

2.if suppose we aim at campus recruitment i.e.,software companies should we do any courses to be in step ahead of others.Does it actually need? do they expect from(ECE students) us? if yes please specify which type of courses should we do and the institution from where we do does it matter?

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU PEOPLE....😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The first thing for you and your friends to do is to make sure what kind of career you really expect. Simply finding a job shouldn't the goal - but rather making a career in the things that you love doing should be the focus. It's important because most of the people end up in wrong jobs. So the first step is visualising your career, what you want to be, what do you want to work on etc.

1. Whether you aim for campus recruitment or apply to companies via GATE score is immaterial. You'll end up in similar type of jobs.

2. If you're aiming for TCS, Infosys - then make sure that you're *VERY GOOD* at your engineering subjects, computer programming and have a sound knowledge of the latest happenings in computer field. The certification may be an added advantage, but only when you're thorough at what you've learned during engineering. I've seen, interviewed and even rejected candidates who presented '2 certifications' but couldn't answer basic engineering questions. Don't fool yourself or the interviewers.

Certifications add value, but you need have a solid foundation.

So, I'd recommend following action items -
    1. Make sure that you study your engineering subjects well. I do not mean obtain 'great marks'. Marks should be the direct outcome of your knowledge of the subjects, not vice versa.
    2. Try, search & research various career options you have. Blindly going after IT is no good. It may feel 'great' for a year or two; but ending up frustrated isn't very good thing in life.
    3. Make sure you are exceptional in cracking aptitude tests, logical reasoning and programming. Also practice mock interviews; both technical and HR.
    4. When points 1 & 2 are taken care off, you should try for value-addition: Certifications should make you an 'expert'. Going for a certification for the heck of it is suicide. It will go 'against' you. If you have a certification, the interviewers expectations from you will be more! Keep that in mind.
    I hope you got the point. If you have more questions, post them here. I'm sure CEans would love to help you out.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Re-reading the above post as many times as possible(not continuously) but frequently.It is making me to think a lot...Thank you biggie..!!!👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, i got cdac noida for DAC in the 1st counseling but i got many negative responses about it, so i am in a confusion weather to pay 10k and...
What we've seen in movies might just become a reality one day and we'll have a big astroid coming our way to destroy the Earth. What'd you do in such...
sir, we can share our net connection from our phone to laptop through Bluetooth facility(wireless mode)....but why it is not possible in personal computer?
we know that any object which is thrown with a speed of 11.2kmps or greater can overcome the earth's gravitational pull and enters the space....is there any method or any...
So,suddenly my PC stopped working.I tried to reboot & it freezed at boot screen. What I did ? - Removed RAM & remounted it. Result : Fail. - Removed Harddisk...