Effect of blade height on efficiency of turbine

what is the effect of blade height on the efficiency of turbine?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nibhani
    what is the effect of blade height on the efficiency of turbine?
    Share your thoughts first so that others can comment on it. 😀
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    sir i hav
    The_Big_K
    Share your thoughts first so that others can comment on it. 😀
    sir i have no idea about this thats why i am asking ...
  • pradeep74m
    pradeep74m
    Though i dont know the exact technical result but i can derive a conclusion from basic terms. As far as i know blade height alone doesn't affect the efficiency of turbine, but combined with the chord of the blade it determines the amount of surface in contact with the flow which directly determines the work output of the turbine. The blade height is usually influences by the size and space restrictions of the engine , the area of the flow and also the work output of the engine. In aviation jet engines turbines deliver only part of the work output hence the blade heights are usually less compared to those used in electric power generation.
  • The myth buster
    The myth buster
    height of the blade decides the discharge rate..blade height also depends upon the specific volume of steam..the more the specific volume the more is the height of the blade.This is simply to handle more amount of steam and to avoid choking..!!
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The myth buster
    height of the blade decides the discharge rate..blade height also depends upon the specific volume of steam..the more the specific volume the more is the height of the blade.This is simply to handle more amount of steam and to avoid choking..!!
    Okay but how does it affect efficiency of the turbine ?
  • The myth buster
    The myth buster
    choking certainly would reduce the output of the turbine..!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What exactly is the difference between ball and roller? I've been studying this topic in my mechanical engineering textbook. Would appreciate your responses.
Here's my talk from the TEDx Event conducted at Sona College, Salem. I talked about how I transformed from being into a state of perpetual confusion to someone who's discovered...
hi.. i am also a newbie here. and i currently need some helpful information or tips about reinforced concrete design.. is there any idea as to where i can find...
Fellow CEans, attached are the precis of two ready to go innovations developed by me,offered for taking up for societal benefit free.One is a LPG saving device.The other saves street...
Any books suggestion and ebook recommendations about REINFORCED CONCRETE DESIGN???