Earth Resistance

Dear All,
I am facing one problem regarding earth resistance. As I am increasing inductive load on the system, the earth resistance is getting increased (from 2 to 5 ohms). What would be the probable reasons for the same?

Thanking You.

Regards,
Anirudha

Replies

• Ali.imran
    Ali.imran
    what exactly do you mean by earth resistance?
  • fisfiseani
    fisfiseani
    I mean to say earth pit resistance increases when there is increase in inductive load on the system (panel). What would be the reason behind this?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Why do you say inductive load? Is there no increase if the resistive load increases to the same extent? Most probably the earth it construction is such that the voltage drop across the earth connection itself changes. You may have to increase the conductor size. If possible measure the drop from panel to pithead as the load varies.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear All, I need to calculate LMTD (Log Mean Temp Diff) and draw LMTD diagram for my calculations of Heat Exchangers often. Please tell me if there is any software...
Here's what we call the Reverse KT in IT Industry. If you are a part of the industry, you very well know this situation. Enjoy -
if a refrigerator is open in a room and fan is also open, what will happen to the room temperature???
I am a student of BEIT. I getting the trouble for choosing the topic for project. I had an interest in RND. So post your ideas, plz help me...
Name : Nikhil Mankar Engineeing Trade : IT Location : Pune Occupation : Student Hobby : Playing cricket, football Aim in life : To give happiness to my family by...