Don't buy low end laptops with graphics card

I am using Dell inspiron series with 512 mb ATI Radeon card. It's been around 2.75 year without a single problem at all, but Recently my laptop busted and I had go to repair shop.
Laptop guy told me that graphics card got some problem and he fixed it with no guarantee that when the problem with arise again.
He also told me that most of the laptop either dell/hp/... with graphics got problem of this kind in 3-4 years due to heavy uses of graphics like movies and graphics processing.(I have been processing graphics for last year like it was a server machine)

I would suggest that please don't go with Graphics with low budget laptops.
Or if are going with it, make sure to get 1 year(default) + 2 years full protection warranted which will cost you INR 6-7k extra. As any problem with laptop will cost you 10k for original parts.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am Nizam Uddin. I am from Bangladesh. I am studying EEE at Stamford University Bangladesh. I want to say hello to all of you.
Lenovo's latest offering in the Chinese market is its Dual-SIM A660 Mid-Range Android powered smartphone, and is the company's first water-proof and IP67 certified handset. ​ It features a 4"...
Currently I am studying 'Op-amps and linear integrated circuits'. I read about voltage-series feedback amplifier, voltage-shunt feedback amplifier, current-series feedback amplifier, current-shunt feedback amplifier, voltage follower, voltage emitter. I want...
A 17 yr old girl from US has come up with the idea of performing emergency heart tests via mobile phone. Read here --> https://www.nbcnews.com/technology/futureoftech/17-year-old-girl-invents-heart-exam-cellphones-990117#
Everything Everywhere is bringing the nation's first 4G LTE Network to UK. Now the company will be called with its abbreviation 'EE' only. Combining the networks of Orange and T-Mobile,...