Chemistry of combustion in IC engines

Jayakumar-J asked in a PM:
sir what is the chemical reaction take place during the burning of air fuel mixture an the IC engine.
Since this may be of general interest I am posting my reply here:
Normally all that should happen is that the hydrocarbon should burn with the Oxygen in air and water and carbon dioxide alone should be produced. However, extremely short times, high pressures, high temperatures and presence of other additives lead to various emissions, mostly harmful.
PDF

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Oracle Corp said On Monday that they would buy California based XSIGO Systems, a network virtualization software maker. Oracle had not disclosed the financial terms of the deal as of...
hi members.😀 ..now i stepped into final year of electronics and electrical engineering 😉....i know this is the crucial stage to decide my career...i have decided to work after B.E...
We always feel proud that India has a good pool of engineers passed out every year. Today the country requires quality engineers who can build strong foundations for the country....
Name: Rafie Redzwan Mechanical Engineering Location: Malaysia Occupation: Student Work Experience: QA/QC in Steel Structure Aim in life: Expertise in Nuclear Technology I joined CrazyEngineers because: I wanted to improve...
This topic, is going to show of your worry for experienced graduates. There has been a huge hikes in the salaries to the freshers. A two year's experienced graduates have...