Are the salaries offered to fresh graduates justified?

This topic, is going to show of your worry for experienced graduates. There has been a huge hikes in the salaries to the freshers. A two year's experienced graduates have the same salaries of a fresher. Is it justified?

On the other hand, There will always be a change in the value of money, Before 50 years, one rupees matter much. But now things have changed, Same its for graduates.

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    The experienced graduates don't actually have to worry about the salary. The world is open for them. They can easily switch between companies and once you've like 5 years experience, the companies will try hard to keep you with them because you'll be an asset to them.

As for fresher, they are actually expensive for free (fukat me mehenge). So even if you're offered 2K/month, you should take it. Those who're like "I am engineer, how can I work for 10K", I would say, we're just a pile of junk. Come out of the books, the practical world is totally different from the book. You secured 80% in engineer doesn't ensure that you'll be a successful engineer on field. When you're recruited, you must be thankful to the recruiter because after 1-2 years, they will make you actually something worthy by teaching you field work. Understand the scenario, they are paying you to teach you something. They must actually charge a fee but instead they are paying you. So even if they give you Rs.500, its way much more than what you actually deserve.
  • er.prit
    er.prit
    well hi 2 all!!!! I am new to this site.... I want to share my views regarding this topic. When we join the engineering field we invest a huge amount of money on the respective institutions where we study.. So after 4 years of hard work if a company will offer us only 1k or 2k/month is this fair???? Is it fair to work for only 1k or 2k/month after doing hard work for 4 years.... what will be the confidence level of that fresher???? when a fresher gets the opportunity to work for 20 - 30k/month his confidence level also rises simultaneously his interest on the respective job will rise... he can show his good performance too
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    er.prit
    well hi 2 all!!!! I am new to this site.... I want to share my views regarding this topic. When we join the engineering field we invest a huge amount of money on the respective institutions where we study.. So after 4 years of hard work if a company will offer us only 1k or 2k/month is this fair???? Is it fair to work for only 1k or 2k/month after doing hard work for 4 years.... what will be the confidence level of that fresher???? when a fresher gets the opportunity to work for 20 - 30k/month his confidence level also rises simultaneously his interest on the respective job will rise... he can show his good performance too
    If you'll take it as a job, well then you would be surely upset. However, if you see, its actually not a job. You're continuing to learn, perhaps what you even didn't learn in the 4 years of engineering. The first few years of job should be treated as a college itself if you really want to become something. You might be jealous of looking your friends fetching 5LPA, 7LPA even 12LPA's, but do you know how many they work in there? I bet, most of such people are kicked (or they themselves leave) within few months because they are just not capable of fulfilling the expectations or take pressure. Private companies want work. They will not entertain your excuses.
  • er.prit
    er.prit
    ya i agree with u.... ๐Ÿ˜€ fresher must keep this point in mind for sure that the learning process continues for a real engineer..... moreover, to survive in any company and in this competitive world we must keep updating ourselves with the latest technology...๐Ÿ˜‰
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    er.prit
    ya i agree with u.... ๐Ÿ˜€ fresher must keep this point in mind for sure that the learning process continues for a real engineer..... moreover, to survive in any company and in this competitive world we must keep updating ourselves with the latest technology...๐Ÿ˜‰
    Exactly! And that's why I said that even its 2K, its profit to you. You're learning from them and they are paying you to learn. What else do you want? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Let me divert something from what is discussed here. Just think, a fresher and 2 years experience candidate is a same company works for same salary, Where is the mistake? Whether in company or candidate side?
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    aarthivg
    Let me divert something from what is discussed here. Just think, a fresher and 2 years experience candidate is a same company works for same salary, Where is the mistake?
    Currently I am in such a situation ๐Ÿ˜”. It is been a year for me here, and few freshers have joined a week ago and they earn more than me!!! The salary for freshers was hiked, but the same did not reflect for the existing employees!!!!!!! We are still getting what we were promised when we joined, but this seems to be unfair. At least I will have to wait till the next appraisal period for my hike. But seriously I really feel bad about it!๐Ÿ˜•

aarthivg
    Whether in company or candidate side?
    I think you got the answer!
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    aarthivg
    Let me divert something from what is discussed here. Just think, a fresher and 2 years experience candidate is a same company works for same salary, Where is the mistake? Whether in company or candidate side?
    Surely, I thought of asking/posting this somewhere, but did not know the right place. thanks for bringing this up!
  • er.prit
    er.prit
    well i think it depends upon the candidate's potential. If a fresher is more efficient in his work in compare to 2 years experience candidate, then there is nothing wrong for a company to give him same salary as that of 2 years experienced one. Fetching the opportunities from the company depends upon the candidate itself.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    er.prit
    well i think it depends upon the candidate's potential. If a fresher is more efficient in his work in compare to 2 years experience candidate, then there is nothing wrong for a company to give him same salary as that of 2 years experienced one. Fetching the opportunities from the company depends upon the candidate itself.
    I think you are missing a point here. All fresher's in a company are offered the same salary at the beginning. You cannot judge a Fresher's efficiency when he joins. As a Company you can just hope that he comes up and serves well. You thought is untrue in case of freshers, whereas it is justified and true in case of experienced candidates.

Think that a company requires a fresher. If they think that a fresher would be more efficient than the a(particularly one) existing employee, then they would sack the existing one, and hire two fresher's right??? If the company would have measured the efficiency during hiring, then how did they hire the existing under performing employee???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey everybody. Can anybody give me some ideas what i should do for my final project? The theme is we need to invent something useful for the community.. Please give...
Michel Morganella is no longer playing soccer in London Olympics. The player has accused South Korean players on twitter after Switzerland lost to the South Korea by 2-1. The tweets...
Winning a medal in Olympics is a great deal! But now the win comes in a package deal. Be the first one to get an Olympic medal for India and...
Eight states in North India suffer the greed of Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. It was the worst power cut I had seen, starting at 2:33 am. It was almost...
According to this press release from Facebook, now when you click on the Photos on top of your timeline the users can get to see larger photos covering the entire...