Books of Wisdom

I have been considering my career path recently. I want to be a leader, a champion in my field and I believe it requires more than engineering knowledge. It requires wisdom, fluency in speech and writing and the ability to handle critical situations calmly and arise out of them successfully. To help hone these skills I would like to start reading, not text books but books from intelligent writers that would joggle my intellect.
Can you please recommend a book/s that I can consider?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Autobiographies and biographies of great leaders and global leaders in respective field.
    This helps you by giving a rough idea on how to tackle chaos and to overcome it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I benefited a lot from following the practices given by Edward Debono and Tony Buzan.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Edward De Bono
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    If you want inspirational or motivational content, You can watch Sandeep Maheshwari's videos. they are quite good and inspiring. Also he explains a lot of stuff going on in life for which they are obvious but still no one knows the reason behind them.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    words of wisdom from internal sources 😁
    Why Motivational Speechs / Talks / Videos Don't Work?
    *durga is in a very alive mood
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I think this thread is a bit misleading, i do not really want to be inspired, what I want is some intelligent literature so read so I can improve my vocabulary and speech.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    CE Designer
    I think this thread is a bit misleading, i do not really want to be inspired, what I want is some intelligent literature so read so I can improve my vocabulary and speech.

Read, books on GK from Himalaya publications. Prepare for IES. Solve technical questions from previous IES papers (objective and conventional both). Read news paper (preferably Economic Times or The Hindu). Read about sports.

Vocabulary can be developed by reading. Speech can be developed by subject matter which again comes by reading and watching videos.

Also make a point to watch idiot box! (Channels like discover, history, Nat Geo, programs like "How do they do it".)

Surf internet for how stuff works. There is a lot more. The moment you feel tired doing something, take solace by engaging in something different.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Books are not useful for gaining the practical knowledge. You have to face each and every condition and by time you will realize that you have overcome from all these conditions and after it, you will find your path easy for achieving your desire.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft Office 13, launched almost a year ago, seems to be exactly the quality of office product one can demand. With its rapid integration to cloud servers and concept of...
I think we've had a brief discussion about this a long time ago, but the question continues to bother my mind. Why do IT companies (especially those in India) don't...
This may seem stupid that I have this query. I see people around me talk about .mkv format ruling whereas .mp4 getting out run. I have seen videos in both...
After the couple of weeks full of speculations and rants about the teasers, LG has launched its brand new smartphone called the LG G2. At a release event in New...
I had a chance to stumble on commerce India and found that India's major import accounts for petroleum and it costs more than 150billion .India majorly import from UAE ,...