Awaaz Android App Offers Free & Secure Voice Calling

An Indian IT graduate has developed a new VOIP (Voice over IP telephony) application called “AAWAZ” which enables Android users to call from their mobile phones for free through Internet. Users just need to dial the phone number to which he/she wants to call and the phone call gets automatically connected provided the other user also has this app installed in his/her phone.

Anuj Jain, the mastermind behind this concept, said that the idea behind this free calling app came to his mind from WhatApp which offers free messaging to its users. This app has many similarities to WhatApp such as - the user's number becomes the identity and the user is able to see all the phone's contacts in this application. Along with this, user can also see which of his/her contacts are currently online. It is more of a plugin than an application. There is no need to sign up or provide any information or details and also there is no need to start the application except for the first time when you install it and after you update it.
AWAAZ
In this app, Opus codec is used for voice compression and has a security feature that provides enhanced encryption (2048 bit RSA and 256 bit AES). Every time you make a new call a new key is generated to ensure security. This app is already being installed by more than 5,500 users in US, Europe and Australia. AWAAZ is currently available for Android users with version Gingerbread and above and is expected to be launched for iOS users too.

There are many more apps such as Viber - Safe Chats And Calls - Apps on Google Play which works similar to this and #-Link-Snipped-# in which users need to hear advertisement after every two minutes of calling. What do you think of the Awaaz app? Share with us in comments below.

Source : #-Link-Snipped-# | Download Link: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Chinmay Joshi
    Opcus codec ....
    It's Opus.

Here's an interesting Comparison Of Audio Formats of audio formats with quite a bit of details. 👍
  • Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    Good effort, hope it is ease to use.
  • Anuj Jain
    Anuj Jain
    I'm not an IIT graduate. I believe the article you've picked up your info from mentioned me as an "IT graduate" 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# , good to have you with us. #-Link-Snipped-# - please edit the article.
  • Chinmay Joshi
    Chinmay Joshi
    #-Link-Snipped-# corrected..👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends,I am pursuing M.Sc(IT).I have selected javaFX as seminar topic.I want to know that what is unique thing about javaFX that other techonologies do not provide.and why it was...
'Fire TV', the name's Amazon Fire TV! Amazon's full fledged entry into your leaving room has been officially announced. We kept hearing about Amazon's work on a set top box...
One of our CEans sent this query via contact us form and I decided to answer it here without disclosing the identity of the member. I hv been working wid...
In testing branch of version 2.2 of VLC codenamed 'WeatherWax', the new feature 'Add On Manager' is being merged. This add-on manager will let you download extensions & skins right...
Prem Kalevar submitted a new project: Minuum - The smarter, smaller keyboard that lets you do more with your screen space. Try Minuum for FREE for 30 days. MINUUM -...