Word list for me (f)

faux (adj): False
faux marble is wood painted to look like marble. A faux pas literally means false step, but is used to mean an embarrassing social mistake.

feign (v): To make a false representation of; to pretend
A feigning motion, gesture, or action is a feint, which can also be used as a verb. A boxer feints with one hand and hits his opponent with his other hand.

fetish (n): An object of obsessive reverence, attention, or interest

Replies

• Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    folly (n): Foolishness; insanity; imprudence
    The territory of Alaska was once called Seward's Folly, after William Henry Seward, the secretary of state who had pushed through its purchase by the United States. It was popularly thought at the time that the big piece of frozen real estate was worthless.

forebode (v): To be an omen of; to predict; to foretell
    Sometimes to forebode means to predict or prophesy.
    A foreboding is the feeling that something awful is about to happen.

forfeit (v): To give up something, especially as a penalty

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A draft copy of a 100 page report must be typed by 6:00 p.m. Each page has an average of 300 words which a typist can type at the rate...
hello friends Can anyone tell what is the difference between the computer science and computer application. i also want to ask P.G.D.C.A. is a DEGREE? please give brief description of...
hey guys, i'm here sharing the accomplishment of a long time dream, ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ TO BUILD A ROBOT!!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ I did it atlast, actually it was me and three...
Would like to wish my fellow Muslim CEans Eid Mubarak! Hope you all enjoy this special day ๐Ÿ˜€
can any body tell me what does it mean... i mean how the code written above works.