My First Robot... :)

hey guys,

i'm here sharing the accomplishment of a long time dream,

๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ TO BUILD A ROBOT!!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

I did it atlast, actually it was me and three more friends of mine who did it. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

it is a manually controlled robot car that you can race around
check out the pics... will upload the video clip shortly. ;-)

[โ€‹IMG]

[โ€‹IMG]

[โ€‹IMG]

i am so proud of it... ๐Ÿ˜

and i'm on the process of developing it into an autonomous one and bring in more changes
will let you know of the developments. ;-)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome! I remember early drawings of CE BOT made by xHeavenlyx (Dude! are you reading this?).
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    WoW! Great cooltwins! Congrats!

I don't know any about that connections and all. But We did some small small programs and dumped into them.
    Actually we don't have anything about Robotics in our subject. But They are Really Pretty interesting!
    We will get new new ideas while designing them. Isn't it?
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    The_Big_K
    Awesome! I remember early drawings of CE BOT made by xHeavenlyx (Dude! are you reading this?).
    thanks Biggie and yeah i've seen those links of CE BOTS
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    sahithi pallavi
    WoW! Great cooltwins! Congrats!

I don't know any about that connections and all. But We did some small small programs and dumped into them.
    Actually we don't have anything about Robotics in our subject. But They are Really Pretty interesting!
    We will get new new ideas while designing them. Isn't it?
    thanks pallavi... ๐Ÿ˜€

actually not much connections in this particular one ๐Ÿ˜€

the programmed ones are the autonomous kind which i'm working on right now... ๐Ÿ˜€

even in my college we do not have robotics as a subject, not even as an elective ๐Ÿ˜”

but i recently attended a workshop and it is there that i learnt the basics and built this robot ๐Ÿ˜€

robotics is an awesome subject and now i'm totally hooked to it... ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Great stuff cooltwins! Does it use differential steering to turn? Its nice to know that you are really into this stuff, because robotics is uber fun ๐Ÿ˜€ Can't wait to see your future developments in this!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hey nice!! is there a video for this one?
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    ash
    Great stuff cooltwins! Does it use differential steering to turn? Its nice to know that you are really into this stuff, because robotics is uber fun ๐Ÿ˜€ Can't wait to see your future developments in this!
    thanks ash. ๐Ÿ˜€
    and yeah i've used differential steering, so it can do 360 degree rotations.
    yeah, Robotics is a lot of fun... will let you know of the future developments ๐Ÿ˜
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    durga
    hey nice!! is there a video for this one?
    thanks ๐Ÿ˜
    i have taken a video of it but it'll take some time to upload, will do it by today. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Great Work,Keep the work doing...Have fun while racing ๐Ÿ˜
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    Good work cool twins.But next time do upgrade your robot.Use wheels with spikes and later fit chain on it.It will be a chain drive specially used in defence field.Another suggestion i that try to use plywood for chassis instead of aluminium of steel whichever you have used.There are many positive points for it.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yeah i've heard of ply wood as a chasis but it would be suitable on for events like robot wars isn't it so that your bot is heavy and is not thrown off by its opponents but for racing it should be as light as possible right?
    just a thought ๐Ÿ˜€
    and yeah i want to change the wheels and do you have any idea as to what kind of wheels are suitable for an all terrain robot?
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    If you present this robot somewhere then first question jury will ask is WHY HAVE YOU USED THIS MATERIAL INSTEAD OF PYLWOOD,WHICH IS OF LESS COST,TOUGH AND WEAR RESISTANCE??
    There is a shop at belgaum,where some kind of alloy wheels are available with spikes.Not only alloy, but 100 of different kinds of wheels are available> i always used this shop only.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    ok... chill... ๐Ÿ˜€ this is my first one and i'l bear what you said in my mind when doing my second. ๐Ÿ˜›
    i've got to try and find a shop like that in my locality and that'l take some time. ๐Ÿ˜
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    K..all the best.. and do post the pics once you make it....
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yeah sure ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    hey guys,
    I've uploaded a small video clipping. ๐Ÿ˜€ its not of high clarity but satisfies its needs ๐Ÿ˜
    check it out ๐Ÿ˜

[video=youtube;35GO_ZditQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35GO_ZditQQ[/video]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow, good going, cooltwins ๐Ÿ˜
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Wow,Really nice.
    I really love the part where it took a 360'
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Cool!!!

And now, to the specifics...

You could try making it remote controlled instead of wired, by using a wireless controller.
    To begin with, you can use the controller circuits of a remote car, may be.. It'd be fun..

And then, I see yo have four wheels, so I'm assuming you've used four motors. Now, four motors are not needed if it's a racing bot.
    The more need of torque, the more motors there has to be.. So, if it's like some weight lifting robot or some robo wrestling kind of thing, then you can use four motors. Otherwise, two will generally be enough. Because, four motors will very quickly drain your battery.. (If you are using a battery, that is. If you are using AC mains for your supply, no problem, but still 2 motors will be more efficient.)
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    Yeah silver scorpion, I'm already thinking about the wireless kind, and will start the work on it as soon as my exams are done. ๐Ÿ˜€ i thought wired ones are good for a start. and also about the controllers cars, i'm planning ๐Ÿ‘

and i did not know about the use of two motors and will surely implement it soon ๐Ÿ˜›

thanks for the suggestions and do keep them coming ๐Ÿ˜‰

i could surely do with some help ๐Ÿ˜€

@whats in a name, ash:
    i loved the 360 degree part too... main reason why i chose differential drive. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    You can use two motors at the back of the chassis and use a castor wheel as the third point of contact for stability. That setup can also implement differential drive just as effectively. Try it!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Castor wheel will be something like this..

[โ€‹IMG]

Eager to hear your progress!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah i've heard of castor wheels. it is easier to locomote with a castor wheel. really nice work cooltwins:clap::clap::clap:
    even in the civil symposiums we have contests involving all terrain robots and stuff. so i'm intrested in these stuff too ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Wow.. Congrates for your successful Robot Completion.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Excellent!!

Way to go ๐Ÿ˜€
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    @cooltwins. I suggest you to use geared motor next time. If you are making robot for defence purpose of highly terrain area then i would not suggest you castor wheel because it cant sustain high load and more sensitive.Geared motor can sustain a very high load.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    ok...

i do have castor wheel with me and i am planning to use it for a line follower, it is more suited for it right?

but yeah for an all terrain robot i'l make sure i use a geared motor... ๐Ÿ‘

@silverscorpion and abhishek: thanks for your tips... ๐Ÿ˜›
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    Ya you can use castor for path following robot. Dude one of my suggestion is that try to build the robots which can be practically used for e.g build robot for defense, agriculture, industrial etc. You will get high recognition if you build a practically used robot.Path following robot is fine but still practical would be great.Trust me because I have already made one and patent for it is on the track.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    ok... thats exciting.
    what kind of a robot have you done?
  • jensiline
    jensiline
    congratulation cooltwins.........it's nice...........

send the circuit diagram............
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    Well I am not allowed to dicuss about it since patent has been filed and the result is yet to come.I will just tell you that it is the robot which will reduce the increasing global warming!
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    oh ok i understand, but thats awesome stuff abishek, way to go. ๐Ÿ‘
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    Thank you..Hope you too come up with some awesome stuff!
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    you and me both ๐Ÿ˜€

i really really hope i do something up to the mark.
  • monizarekar
    monizarekar
    hey i learn 2 level of it recently
    n made wireless robo...
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yeah i'm planning to do that too soon ๐Ÿ˜€
    as soon as my exams are over.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Good efforts always come good.Congrats cooltwins.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    congrats dude nice work
    i did try one like this but it didnt work properly i had some soldring and battery issues
  • gingerlyspicy
    gingerlyspicy
    plz help i want to mke my first bot...actually im in first yr so dunno much.....but still i wnt to give it a try...so im planning to use 2 wheels along with a castor wheel....please tell me whether i should use castor wheel at the rear end or the front end???And tell me which material should i use for chasis??? right now i only want my bot to run as fast as possible...shud i use wood or electric board (dunno wt is the term for it...the thing rectangular thing in our homes where all buttons , switches are there)...i guess its very light and hard ....For power source im planning to use battery eliminator.....But the problem is im not sure about the circuit......how do i connect dp-dt switches to motors and battery eliminator...can you please help me by letting me the circuit diagram plzzzzzzzzz.......

i know only half of the circuit diagram not full.. so plz help

[โ€‹IMG]

please tell me how should i connect motors to battery eliminator..please give good circuit diagram if possible because im very new..
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    hey this circuit diagram is the one i used.it is correct and does work ๐Ÿ˜€

all you need to do is to connect the left positive and negative wires to the left side motor and the same for the right side too.

and castor wheel should be used in the front only. at the rear use two wheels operated by a motor each.

just follow the circuit diagram properly and you'll get a manually controlled bot.

as for the chasis use plywood. it is strong.
  • gingerlyspicy
    gingerlyspicy
    Thanks....You mean this diagram is fully correct??? and will i be able to make my first bot using this successfully ???? ๐Ÿ˜” Can you give me your chat id so that i can communicate with you better? Please ๐Ÿ˜”
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yes this diagram is perfectly correct. and you can build your first robot using this diagram just like i did. if you doubt the results check out the video of my bot i've posted earlier. ๐Ÿ˜€
    you can leave me a visitor message in my CE profile if you require any further assistance ๐Ÿ˜€

now start building
    all the best ๐Ÿ‘
  • gingerlyspicy
    gingerlyspicy
    @ cooltwins n other CEians plz help....i have started working on my first bot and got my stuff today..but i have a lot of queries...

In the diagram that i mentioned in my above post has 3 pins in dp-dt switch but the switch i got today has 4 pins on each side...which 3 pins shud i use??( i dun hav a multimeter )..

[โ€‹IMG]

please dun mind my stupid questions....actually dis is my first bot and im in first year so dunno a thing abt robotics...actually im seeing stuff like dpdt switch for the first time ๐Ÿ˜” plz answer soon
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    hey ginger
    i'm unable to view the picture but from what you say looks like you have purchased the wrong ones ๐Ÿ˜”
    the switches i used looked something like what is posted below but not with a toggle in it just focus on the pins section.
    [โ€‹IMG]

try getting ones like this but with ordinary switches. i'm not sure if toggle works.

and no question is stupid ๐Ÿ˜€ do come up with more ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gingerlyspicy
    gingerlyspicy
    @ cooltwins i cant see your pic either ๐Ÿ˜” ..i will mail you the pic...but today i got this problem sorted out..i went to a tv repair shop n he checked using a multimeter and told me which pins are righe.. ๐Ÿ˜€ ..but another problem has crept in...the power source (battery eliminator i had planned to use..rating 2 A , 6 and 12 V) was defective ๐Ÿ˜” ...is der another alternative to battery eliminator ?? please tell me what can i use and please also mention the ratings ...by the way im using geared motor 300 rpm , 2A , 24 V ..i will mail you the pic...
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    how is your robot shaping up ginger? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • nitin.rawat
    nitin.rawat
    can you tell me a circuit for a wireless infrared transmitter and reciever for this robot.I am making a similar car but with a wireless remote.Using ht12e and ht12d series of encoder and decoder.But just not working.need a bit help on this one.
  • Nooha
    Nooha
    heyy..itz pretty cool..even i had developed a wireless robo which was controlledf by PC via RF....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Would like to wish my fellow Muslim CEans Eid Mubarak! Hope you all enjoy this special day ๐Ÿ˜€
can any body tell me what does it mean... i mean how the code written above works.
Dear Sir, I am trying to use genetic algorithms ("ga(fitness,.....)") command function to solve power transmission planning problem. The basic steps are (a)to perform power flow calculation using MatPower=>then (b)compute...
What is memory bank ? please give a brief idea about this ??
The original price of an article was reduced by 25 percent. During a special sale the new price was decreased by 10 percent. By approximately what percent would the price...