Quantitative Aptitude 5

A draft copy of a 100 page report must be typed by 6:00 p.m. Each page has an average of 300 words which a typist can type at the rate of 45 words per minute. If the typist works without stopping, then, of the following, which is the latest time the typing could begin if the deadline is to be met?
(A) 7:07 p.m.
(B) 5:07 a.m.
(C) 5:53 a.m.
(D) 6:53 a.m.
(E) 11:36 a.m.

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    is it 6:53 am ?
  • Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    Correct!!!!!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Explanation please
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Each page has average of 300 words so total no. of words are 30000.
    Rate= 45 words/min
    so in case of option D, to meet the deadline of 6:00 pm it is 11 hours and 7 mins, so by calculating no. of words to be typed in 11 hours and 7 mins we found 30015.
    so approxly D is correct answer......../

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends Can anyone tell what is the difference between the computer science and computer application. i also want to ask P.G.D.C.A. is a DEGREE? please give brief description of...
hey guys, i'm here sharing the accomplishment of a long time dream, ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ TO BUILD A ROBOT!!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ I did it atlast, actually it was me and three...
Would like to wish my fellow Muslim CEans Eid Mubarak! Hope you all enjoy this special day ๐Ÿ˜€
can any body tell me what does it mean... i mean how the code written above works.
Dear Sir, I am trying to use genetic algorithms ("ga(fitness,.....)") command function to solve power transmission planning problem. The basic steps are (a)to perform power flow calculation using MatPower=>then (b)compute...