Wine 1.6-Stable Released.

WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and macOS,is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on POSIX-compliant operating systems. After one year since the release of Wine 1.4, the stable version of Wine i.e Wine 1.6 is released today. Wine's version 1.6 comes with more than 10,000 of changes which includes Mac driver, Windows transparency support, .NET applications support mono packages,Font config is no longer needed, etc. any many more big changes.

Here's few major change-list :
- Wine-Mono packages
- Client-side rendering
- Support for layered Windows
- Raw input support
- Use of builtin JS support over Gecko
- Direct3D off-screen rendering
- Initial 64-bit ARM support
- Dynamic device support
- Multi-channel ALSA support
and performance improvements with major bug fixes.

x1qw
Download Wine
Source : #-Link-Snipped-#
Binaries : #-Link-Snipped-#
Documentation : WineHQ - Documentation

Source : WineHQ - Wine Announcement - The Wine team is proud to announce that the stable release Wine 1.6

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This tutorial is for tenderfoot users of Linux.This tutorial will teach you to perform the basic tasks using the "Terminal". ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Logging & Session Management : login Use : To...
Darling Project, like Wine is developing the compatibility layer which will run the OS X applications on linux Operating system.Darling is dependent on GNUstep, Opensurce implementation of Apple's Objective-C software...
A medical device engineer knows that his work may be of direct help to a patient in suffering and may even grant extension of life. The stress comes from the...
I wanna interface HDTV & PC monitor both to my Computer, is it possible ? I have graphics card with DVI-D & D-Sub pin. i will be using D-sub VGA...
First, I connected D-sub pin to D-sub port of video card & I started the PC, the display was clear. Then, I connected DVI-D pin with DVI port & did...