Windows 8 Pro ISO Download Isn't Available

I was thinking of trying out Windows and decided to download a copy on my Mac. Now, as soon as I head over to Microsoft India website and click on 'Buy Windows 8 Pro' link, it starts downloading an 'exe' file (Windows Upgrade Assistant). I can't run Windows exe files on my iMac (of course I can, but not out of the box). What I'm really looking at is an ISO file which I can burn on a DVD and then install it on my Mac with BootCamp.

Where do I get an official download of the Windows 8 ISO file?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    You have to run that 5 mb .exe file. It will check whether your PC is compatible with OS & if it proceeds after hardware checking, you can buy using paypal or credit card & downloading of OS will start.

No direct ISO download link available.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    You have to run that 5 mb .exe file. It will check whether your PC is compatible with OS & if it proceeds after hardware checking, you can buy using paypal or credit card & downloading of OS will start.

No direct ISO download link available.
    Well, .exe doesn't run on Mac. Looks like I'll have to create a virtual machine first. Is there any other way? By the way, does the upgrade assistant download a setup (so that I can copy it) or it automatically updates Windows?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    It will upgrade the current Windows.
    (I haven't tried it, my friend told me so, hence I am not cent percent sure)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody! It's so nice to see e books if they are new.
Hi ! everybody, this is aditya om , i'm a 1st year student at NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, RAIPUR...... PURSUING a b.tech degree in electronics and telecommunications engineering.
wall and foundation for .1mgd water reservior
Hey guys! As my username suggests, am a big fan of Ironman and the science behind his gadgets. I know that the first thing you do after reading the thread...
As per vote polls conducted, the topic with majority votes is Evolution of G's (2G to 3G). Today's topic is very much generalised topic, and yeah we are looking forward...