Windows 7 Gets Its First Bug

The bug touches on Microsoft's Server Message Block (SMB) program -- specifically, SMBv1 and SMBv2 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Microsoft has issued a security advisory describing workarounds, but says most users would be protected from attacks by blocking two ports at the firewall.

Plus: hackers try to bypass Windows 7's WAT; Internet Explorer attack can hurt the kernel.

source mcpmag

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need notes for computer graphics(b.tech 5th semester I.T). would anybody provide me ??? then please.
Today there was my internal viva of dbms in which i was asked 3 questions that i would like to share with you 1 what is partial key? 2 what...
Hi CEans I think we can place an indication for the traffic light(next one) inside a car so that driver donot have to take his attention from the road by...
Website: The InVenture Prize @ Georgia Tech The InVenture Prize @ Georgia Tech is an innovation competition for undergraduate students at Georgia Tech. Students can work independently or in teams...
Now, SRK's next flick will be Dulha Mil Gaya much before the much awaited My Name is Khan The movie stars SRK, Sushmita Sen and Fardeen Khan [youtube]