CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Manish Goyal • 21 Nov, 2009
Today there was my internal viva of dbms in which i was asked 3 questions that i would like to share with you
1 what is partial key?
2 what is difference between inner and outer join?
3 what is foreign key constraint?
@yadavundertaker mohit • 21 Nov, 2009 Re: internal viva of dbms

i only know the answer of question 2.....and a little bit of 3rd answer...
@Manish Goyal • 21 Nov, 2009 Even i also don't know answer of 1st question..can anyone explain me with example??
@yadavundertaker mohit • 21 Nov, 2009 i search it on net..what i get is

Partial Key:
It is a set of attributes that can uniquely identify weak entities and that are related to same owner entity. It is sometime called as Discriminator.
@Manish Goyal • 21 Nov, 2009 thanks ...i have also searched on it in my books..same as you described
@yadavundertaker mohit • 21 Nov, 2009 no thanks instead i have to thanks to you because i will also have my DBMS viva on next week...
@Manish Goyal • 21 Nov, 2009 ohhh
best of luck...
I hope your viva will be superb as of mine ...
@yadavundertaker mohit • 21 Nov, 2009 oh that will not happen ever...in viva when the teacher asked questions to others i know the answer of each and every question but when my turn came the teacher starts asking the most typical questions ...each time this happen to me ...that's why i always scored really poor in vivas...
@sarveshgupta • 21 Nov, 2009 Hey some questions for your help:

1) What is a view? Can a view be used to update the base table?
2) What are the codd's rules?

3) Why do we do normalisation?
4) What are the types of Databases?
5) Which type of Database is Oracle?
@yadavundertaker mohit • 21 Nov, 2009 nice questions sarvesh ..but can anyone tell me a good book for the subject...i have korth and navate but they are not so good...
@sarveshgupta • 21 Nov, 2009 But they are the most popular choice for the subject.
@yadavundertaker mohit • 21 Nov, 2009 ya but they are not satisfactory according to me...
@Manish Goyal • 21 Nov, 2009 i have parteek bhatia..you can also have cj DATE...it is quite good
@yadavundertaker mohit • 21 Nov, 2009 thanks for suggestion i will check these books in my college library....
@sarveshgupta • 21 Nov, 2009 Can you post details of the book
7.1k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 17, 2015

With a dedicated fanbase among Indian consumers, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo was one of the most sought after cars in the country. Putting an end to its production, Mitsubishi has announced...
9k views

@Manashree Thokal · Jul 12, 2012

The project's idea is to create a website that can be used to maintain family and friends connections by communication and sharing means. Abstract: Family Connections is an content management...
5.9k views

@Radhika Deshpande · Jan 1, 2017

Problem : How To Check CheckBox From Multiple CheckBoxes On WebPage Using Data Driven FrameWork(Excel) In Selenium WebDriver with JAVA. Scenario : I am currently automating a form where I...
8k views

@ricky.singla · Sep 3, 2011

can any1 send me aptitude paper of thoughtworks and the question that were asked in interviews
4.7k views

@Reya · Dec 23, 2011

Can anyone suggest me a book which has atleast 1000 objective questions of Computer networks,CA,Operating system,DBMS,Artificial Intelligence,Microprocessor,Mobile computing,Graphics and multimedia? I want a book like MCQ in computer science by...
5.6k views