Will INDIA be DEVELOPED by 2020?

Former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam had a vision of a Developed India, and i believe all of us also have the same idea too. Well, I don't see a reason to say a Yes or a No to the question๐Ÿ˜. So I'm posting this question.
Looking forward to an interesting debate....๐Ÿ˜’

P.S. Please specify the reason as to why do you think India will be a Developed Country by 2020...

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    If all the black money is abolished in India, yeah, India will join the G10 League and will become a real developed country more than Americas. ๐Ÿ˜€ See even Obama is afraid of India's resources right? Agree??? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    India has the resources and the personnel, but the willingness and the effort has not had much outcome. Sadly the corruption is just too much.
    Sadly the politicians are much corrupted than others... ๐Ÿ˜” This is a pathetic situation blocking the further development of India... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Not only are the politicians corrupted, but so are the Industrial Personnel whom we consider as the Technological and Financial Pillars of India!!!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I don't understand why the people are so self-centered. The infrastructure keeps developing only in the Metropolitan Cities. We do not have proper roads or efficient traffic control system. The sanity and serenity at some towns are just unbearable. Then how do we even expect a DEVELOPED India??? It's not just the talking that we need about a Developed India which is highly Developed than America, we need to act!!! And sadly, i don't think it will happen even in a 100years...
    Dude, the Technological or Financial Pillar or Backbone, himself is a corrupted guy, then how come you can expect ... from him???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Someone define what do we mean by developed India?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    The term developed country is used to describe countries that have a high level of development according to some criteria. Which criteria, and which countries are classified as being developed, is a contentious issue and is surrounded by fierce debate. Economic criteria have tended to dominate discussions. One such criterion is income per capita; countries with high Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per capita would thus be described as developed countries. Another economic criterion is Industrialization; countries in which the Tertiary Sector Of Industry and Quaternary Sector Of Industry dominate would thus be described as developed. More recently another measure, the Human Development Index (HDI), which combines an economic measure, national income, with other measures, indices for life expectancy and education has become prominent. This criterion would define developed countries as those with a very high (HDI) rating. However, many anomalies exist when determining "developed" status by whichever measure is used.
    Countries not fitting such definitions are classified as Developing Country or Undeveloped Country.

Check the Link for further Details: Developed Country
    I say developed country means, no corruption and control on everything... Like prices of petrol and stuff... Now that's where the inflation occurs... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    How do yu expect prices to be proper when India doesn't have its own petrol. I think its important that India focuses on it available resources (like Tourism for example), and develop it so that we get a good income to start building our infrastructure.
    Let it import from the other countries... But see the inflation in these days?? Petrol's price was 35 Rs. when I first saw it... And there should have been a rare increase to make it 40 or 50. ๐Ÿ˜ Now did you see? Semma fast increase!!! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    praveenscience
    Let it import from the other countries... But see the inflation in these days?? Petrol's price was 35 Rs. when I first saw it... And there should have been a rare increase to make it 40 or 50. ๐Ÿ˜ Now did you see? Semma fast increase!!! ๐Ÿ˜”
    Yup, almost double the initial rate. I think there's a direct link between price hike and development. India is a country where the affordability index keeps increasing daily. It does not match with the Per Capita Income and also for the people living Below Poverty Line. It is only when all the people can afford to live well can we say that India will be Developed.
    Yeah... This one needs to be considered... Each and every day the cost of living increases... ๐Ÿ˜” Just this week alone, the price of petrol increased twice! Pathetic!!! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Is Kalam's vision contradictory to what is happening in India? Emerging Kerala is a new initiative that's happening in Kerala. It was stopped 4 years ago when the government got changed. Now it's back again, but can something be expected out of it? I'm not sure.๐Ÿ˜จ

I've however seen the development in Delhi, and it's just awesome.๐Ÿ‘
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Some cities are developing leaps and bounds I agree to it but the rural areas not disturbed in many states like Orissa and Bihar

they are them self willingly oppose any development in the name of tradition

Till the day India is bounded by tradition we will not see any development here
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    anoopthefriend
    I've however seen the development in Delhi, and it's just awesome.๐Ÿ‘
    Development in Delhi - the one that took place in during the commonwealth games time? Well, I'm not sure if people'd call it a development; but I'm not the right person to comment on it. Someone who's been in Delhi for years ( at least a decade) would be able to comment more.

I haven't been to Gujarat, but had an opportunity to listen to the CEO of Gujarat tourism talk about the improvements they've done in the past few years. I believe that's what you call real development. The big problem Gujarat has solved is that of the power. I belong to a region where there are several power houses and we still have power cuts!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    The_Big_K
    Development in Delhi - the one that took place in during the commonwealth games time? Well, I'm not sure if people'd call it a development; but I'm not the right person to comment on it. Someone who's been in Delhi for years ( at least a decade) would be able to comment more.

I haven't been to Gujarat, but had an opportunity to listen to the CEO of Gujarat tourism talk about the improvements they've done in the past few years. I believe that's what you call real development. The big problem Gujarat has solved is that of the power. I belong to a region where there are several power houses and we still have power cuts!
    Development is starting to take place. But on a very slow scale. I just saw on a local TV that some farmers in a small village in Palakkad, Kerala have started an Agro Center in their area, and they have taken a loan of about Rs1.5 crore to buy sophisticated equipment for use in agriculture and farming activities. The end result as stated by them were - less labour, more efficient work and better result. I hope that in the next 2 years, the states of India would look more into the replenishment of agricultural land and promote such activities. This surely is an Indian style of development.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    no it won't and i am damn sure of it...................................but yes i am not being a pessimist or a spoil sport, i am saying this from my experience.

And yes check out the poll at the top of this thread, nobody has voted "yes"
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    What I think is - first of all we have to know what we want i.e. what we expect from the word development ...Is it personal development or the community development and what kind of development?? Economic development ,Infrastructure development,social development...
    India has been developing from past 65 years....
    also according to estimates ... The per capita Income of India can never cross that of America and China...but the overall Domestic Product can surely surpass them....
    Conclusion - One must focus on the Personal Hardwork and Development ....and the Nation will prosper and hence develop simultaneously
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Why we're unable to see development because we're lacking good entrepreneurs & some giants in all field !
    All 3rd world countries are full of resources, the countries like US,Canada,UK,etc. imports raw materials from us & then sell the new developed product from our material to us at 500% rate more! See, this is due to plutocracies, in other words government which is run by rich. You see these countries causes inflation in all 3rd world country & our people thinking 'em richer than us & "advanced" try to move to their country & work under their ass.This is major problem.
    I don't mind saying that Indian youth attitude is whack now-a-days,are they brainwashed? lol.
    Now consider company named "Levi's" the Cali based US company, imports raw goods like cotton,wool,etc from country like India & sell back to us at 500% more rate & dumb kids here brags here "oh! I have Levi's T-shirt it's so awesome,Indian companies why can't make this ?" - Kids unfortunately don't know this is technically an Indian product !

In short, Is it like India ain't capable of developing it's own processor or sports car or High quality clothes ? No!
    Problem lies with in us, and that's the truth !
    The day when we'll become independent,real development of our country begins.
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    Yes ,
    We have to improve ourselves as we are the creators of our destiny. A good point has been brought to the focus is that - It is the money power that makes High investment and hence good return.
    Also some credit goes to term called "Branding", as it is not that Indian Companies not making that quality fabric , but the credit goes to Branding by Lewis ....
    Its the world of competition .....the game which is changing its rules continuously.....
  • stephen786
    stephen786
    hii....
    this developement depends on interdependent co operation contribution and sytem running sytematically.
    thanks.
  • stephen786
    stephen786
    hii....
    this developement depends on interdependent co operation contribution and sytem running sytematically.
    thanks.
  • suganya devi
    suganya devi
    India will definitely be a developed country by 2020๐Ÿ‘
    As all of us know that youngsters are the future of a nation, there's been a huge revolution taking place among the youngsters especially students.....most of them are technically strong and have many innovative ideas as to how to solve issues!!!! this transition has not been made overnight but has taken a huge span of time....i do agree that the political side of India is not under control but transition for that also takes time and will be possible surely in near future i.e when youngsters start coming into politics ...this needs mere encouragement!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey CEans, I know that most of you people love Chocolate and Chocolate Related Food Items. Well I'm a hardcore Chocoholic๐Ÿ˜Ž. Infact, those who are addicted to chocolate have a...
You can watch the premiere live right now on Youtube: YouTube - โ€ชHarryPotter's Channelโ€ฌ‏
Can anyone please help me with these. I'd like to know what is the main difference between 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines and why are there 4 cylinders, 8...
I've written a C++ Program to conduct a Live Quiz and am using the Turbo C++ V4.5 software.Please suggest ways in which i can make my program execution more presentable...
hi m krati pursuing BE(cse).........i am interested in undergoing summer training in some good companies like hcl or ibm.....so what is the proceduren all.........n i hav only 2 months.........n the...