Why do idiots win quickly and smarter people have to struggle?

First - everyone is an idiot to certain degree in various situations. So we can safely assume that you must have come across people who are more idiotic than you are. What bothers me sometimes is when I see the idiots 'win' easily and quickly while the smarter people always, I repeat, always have to to struggle.

If you are a student, you might have seen the dumbest of the guys in your class getting placed in a good company while you prepare your heart out for the next campus drive. If you are a working professional, you must have seen work-avoiders, a$$-lickers get promoted quickly while you are made to continue with your 'average' performance appriasals.

Has it ever happened to you?

The question is... why?!

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First - everyone is an idiot to certain degree in various situations. So we can safely assume that you must have come across people who are more idiotic than you are. What bothers me sometimes is when I see the idiots 'win' easily and quickly while the smarter people always, I repeat, always have to to struggle.

If you are a student, you might have seen the dumbest of the guys in your class getting placed in a good company while you prepare your heart out for the next campus drive. If you are a working professional, you must have seen work-avoiders, a$$-lickers get promoted quickly while you are made to continue with your 'average' performance appriasals.

The question is... why?!
    Really true, many a times I've faced so...

And I felt so bad , it can't be explained in words, even the deadliest combination of words couldn't explain this..๐Ÿ˜ญ

I just can't figure out the reason behind this, may be some people are just two faced...! ๐Ÿ˜–
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I feel very bad when it occurs to me.Try to overcome the hurdles and continue/pursue your hard work.Hard work never fails....
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    One of the dumbest boy in my class cleared IIT...

And I was like ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Though he landed up in the same college and University as I'm in now..and failed in all the subjects now..๐Ÿ˜ฏ
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The reason for this is the famous catch line spoken by Scrooge McDuck
    "Work Smarter, Not Harder".
    All the above things that you have said have happened to me and after many incidents I have found out why this policy works. In order to make sure that you are noticed, you need to have people skills and this means buttering up and cozing up to the people who can help you to get where you want. These idiots realise that people are often the ones who grant your rewards (salary raise, promotion etc.) and a little a$$-licking goes a long way to make sure they get it quicker.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Kaustubh Katdare

The question is... why?!
    I think it is so because they already know their weakness/shortcomings (which we told them, remember!) so when needed, they can improve upon those (or can hide those) and thus get success. However not everybody is that smart, but those who are, at times, leave us shocked!!
  • Alok mishra
    Alok mishra
    as everyone is idiot to some extent hence different people can say a person idiot in different ways and degrees . You may call a person a super idiot other can say no he/she is not that idiot . The thing which i realize is when two idiots of same degrees meet they call each other smart .
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Idiot is one word which is hard to define

A boy who looks perfectly idiotic to you will be slogging all the night to get into top notch stuff

SO it is better that they are not discriminated more on this ground

The Smartest in the class will always tend to think too smart and fail While the idiot thinks out of the box to clear
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Jeffrey Samuel
    Idiot is one word which is hard to define

A boy who looks perfectly idiotic to you will be slogging all the night to get into top notch stuff

SO it is better that they are not discriminated more on this ground

The Smartest in the class will always tend to think too smart and fail While the idiot thinks out of the box to clear

It's true sometimes, but not always you can say, that smartest people in class are always dumb.. when it comes to think out of the box ideas..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've had logical argument with an idiot in recent times. Trust me, they even win arguments with totally illogical reasoning. It's similar to fighting with a pig in the mud...the pig enjoys it, has all the fun, and even if you win your clothes are dirty and you wonder whether it was all worth it.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've had logical argument with an idiot in recent times. Trust me, they even win arguments with totally illogical reasoning. It's similar to fighting with a pig in the mud...the pig enjoys it, has all the fun, and even if you win your clothes are dirty and you wonder whether it was all worth it.
    But Charlie Sheen would disagree, because he likes "Winning !" ๐Ÿ˜
  • saurabh shyam
    saurabh shyam
    you may be right but i think placement and promotion are the things which do not depends upon your marks in exam .If you are a good grader /scorer ,you should have ability to defend your grades at the time of interview.
    As one of my teacher used to say "except top 10% and bottom 30% students middle range is getting good employment when compared"
    So don't cram the things ,sometime so called idiots are far better than those crammer.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    saurabh shyam
    you may be right but i think placement and promotion are the things which do not depends upon your marks in exam .If you are a good grader /scorer ,you should have ability to defend your grades at the time of interview.
    As one of my teacher used to say "except top 10% and bottom 30% students middle range is getting good employment when compared"
    So don't cram the things ,sometime so called idiots are far better than those crammer.
    But you can't ignore that not every one who tops is not a crammer.
    Many of them actually understands everything and can think out of the box.

It's not just about who tops and who doesn't, it's just more than that.
  • Alok mishra
    Alok mishra
    Cramming is not a idiot thing . Idiot is who crams for hours just to pass exams .
    Though there are even more things that idiots do .
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Because an idiot is the only person who do his work with more efficiency than a smart person,he do without thinking about future but an idiot do not do by thinking about future.so smartness is also bad for sucess.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

All the auto enthusiast had headed to Frankfurt to view the historic Autoshow and Here is a quick and short note on the cars launched in Frankfurt Autoshow. Frankfurt Releases:...
I had seen many movies in which heroes used to put sugar/sand inside the petrol tank to seize the engine But is it true that the engine got seize or...
When rumours and leaks of the iPhone 5C began to surface, people in countries like India and China were quite excited. Everyone was hoping that Apple has finally paid attention...
I always amazed by the cost price of different waters.(mineral water/RO water/UV treated water).What does the mineral water composed of?Is it safe going for UV treated water,RO rather than mineral...
The brand new iPhone 5S isn't a big shot upgrade over the iPhone 5, but it does have something, I'd say 'innovative' - the Touch ID. As rumored, it's your...