Which one is better JSP, PHP, ASP.NET, Python?

Hello friend's,
In the last week i attended a seminar of Opendelight after that i have some talk with his CEO.
Realy i amazed when he say that jsp is almost dying.PHP is a better server language then jsp.
Now i want to know which one is better server programming language.
a.jsp
b.php
c.asp.net
d.python.

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    As far as i know PHP is a better server language than others.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I guess PHP and ASP.net are on top of others. Although selecting a technology depends on how versed the developers are with it. Someone with a good experience in VB.net will choose ASP.net; Java programmers will choose JSP.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I guess its PHP as it is used extensively. I have used three of them PHP, JSP and ASP.net and i found PHP more easier and more wide. It also depends on the programmer's mindset but still i will say its PHP.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In order to compare the languages, we'll need parameters on which they need to be compared. Overall, PHP is one of the most widely used and there are tons of web based applications/sites running on PHP (including CrazyEngineers).

Every language has its own advantages and disadvantages and your choice of language should be influenced by your comfort level with it and the type of application you're working on.
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    It entirely depends as big_k said,.,

When comparing in terms of flexibility,security,maintanence cost,reusability jsp is better as it supports all languages,

Also, jsp is easy to learn as it is designed for web page designers.,not for java developers

PS: i dont know about php
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    I do not know about asp.net.
    Anyways php would be the most flexible and productive server side scripting language.
    If you're working with applets, using jsp would be good for uniformity.
    Python cgi scripting looks a bit more cluttered than php. Anyways, if there is a lot of computation involved on the data, python can turn out to be a good option.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Ok guy's thanks for your replies.
    But i am not satisfied with your answers.No one can give me the technical reason why the one is better.
    I have some questions
    1.Can we host a website(devloped in DOT.net) on UNIX and LINUX server ?
    2.A websites devloped in php and DOT.net is more secure then the one devloped in JSP(i found that many railway and gov websites are devloped in jsp) ?
    3.As we know java is fully object oriented isn't there any advantage of this feature over others ?
    4.Can php provide more seprate coading then jsp(I mean sepration of business coade and logic coade) ?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I think yes ,Once i had heard somewhere that these days there are patch available, through which you can run .net based websites on linux
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    mohit007kumar00
    Yes, websites developed in .NET can be deployed on unix or linux servers using the MONO framework.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    @Gaurav and goyal thanks for your information buddy.
    What about the other questions ?
  • Elisa Gracedd
    Elisa Gracedd
    I am a student of engineering and it’s my hobby to join discussions related to technology. ASP.NET makes development less complicated and easier to maintain with an event-driven, server-side programming model. ASP.NET learn for simple preparation. There's no need to register components because the configuration information is built-in. Web application exists in compiled type on the server so the execution speed is quicker as compared to the interpreted scripts.
    Read more here
  • Rubain
    Rubain
    I am a website developer too and have worked only on PHP. I always feel it has better functions like request response time and light weighted plugins. I will go for PHP every single time.
  • Aman Setia
    Aman Setia
    PHP is the final answere
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aman Setia
    PHP is the final answere
    Care to justify?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We need different kinds of font for different purposes. Some fonts I come across are elegantly beautiful. Dedicating this thread to share the names of fonts you come across or...
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE The course will cover basic ideas and techniques underlying the design of intelligent computer systems. Topics include: Introduction to AI and intelligent agents. Problem Solving : Solving Problems...
I know the students who has more than one offer letters, but in dilema where to join, here give your votte and if possible reason too for the poll, so...
Videos | News Bureau | University of Illinois Bioramani
This thread is dedicated to all the stadiums in every place around the world. Post any stadium in this thread and say something about it...its technical details, amazing design or...