Which company do you think will dominate tech news in 2013?

When it comes to technology related news, there are handful companies that dominate the whole thing and the list includes: Apple, Samsung, Facebook & Google. Out of these, I think Apple and Samsung got the top mentions in leading technology publications (for end users, of course).

I'm wondering which company will take the lead in the new year? Will it be Apple or the mighty Samsung? Or will we see new tech stars rising?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    For Newbies this year is perfect cos people are fed up with the regulars Wish some one steps the gas up this year
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    2013 is the year of Linux & most probably for Ubuntu & Valve.
    Why ? In Nov valve announced steam for linux,due to that I can see in official steam forum the love for ubuntu is increasing day-by-day.With Open-source community, Ubuntu is also shaking hands with plenty closed source community, no matter many users don't like it, but again the games/apps the closed source are providing are not that we have to buy compulsory to run the distro,but again some drivers launched by some reputed companies ought to be closed due to security reasons.
    The Linux has already captured 90% of server & company market,now with rise of Ubuntu towards desktop it won't be wrong to say that Linux is fortunately snatching the Windows users.
    Valve, lately announced Linux based gaming pc - yeah! the world's best online game community is aiming towards Linux & Ubuntu rather than new Winblows 8.
    As all game developers know that Linux don't have proper IDE with all SDL & OpenGL libs assembled in one IDE, I firmly believe once Valve will step fully into Linux, then we'll have Opensource IDE for game-development in repos.As many Linux users have no problem in paying for latest games, Valve is supporting a lot to Ubuntu community.
    Opensource Apps for general purpose use -- Wine to bridge windows apps & games in Linux machine -- Valve's steam officially dropped in Linux. What else we want ?

Not to forgot that kernel 4.0 will be releasing by end of 2013 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Here's a look at what'll settle down in 2013 -- and what won't according to #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Web technology: 5 things to watch in 2013
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    For me, its always Google (due to its production of updated technologies in various domains and the rise of Android in the mobile domain).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i just have one basic question about amplifiers. do they work for A.C signals as well. now supposing an A.C current has to be amplified leaving the voltage unchanged, then...
hey guys does anyone here know what type of motors are used in sewing machines and the maximum torque that they deliver.(just an approximate value). Besides this does anyone know...
Came in the mail: An Obituary printed in the London Times - Interesting and sadly rather true Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense,who has...
hello friends, recently I was going through the qualifications that are required for a post that was recruiting aeronautical(electronics) engineers(as written in their bulletin). When I got into the details...
hi, when we take out any simcard we find the brand logo on it(like airtel etc). below that we often see 64k written somewhere at the bottom. What does this...