Where does money to print money come from?

The more I learn about the topic of 'money' the more I get convinced that 'Money' system is a 'fraud' by crooks. So just thought of collecting views on this interesting topic. Tell me where does the money to print money come from?

PS: We aren't being funny here ๐Ÿ˜€.

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    The more I learn about the topic of 'money' the more I get convinced that 'Money' system is a 'fraud' by crooks. So just thought of collecting views on this interesting topic. Tell me where does the money to print money come from?
    PS: We aren't being funny here ๐Ÿ˜€.
    Isn't the printed money used for printing the money? ๐Ÿ˜•

PS : Any chance of elaborating the question?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I second Sada. Confused on Question.

Amount of money to be printed is based on the reserve gold qouta of government. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    godfather
    I second Sada. Confused on Question.
    Amount of money to be printed is based on the reserve gold qouta of government. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Is not the #-Link-Snipped-# asking about the money using to print the money come from? Not about the amount I guess. #confused.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Interesting topic, I dont know exactly how government decides on the money to be printed. I too want to know the things behind this money.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For a long time, I've believed that if the Government prints money and keeps a tight control on the prices of the goods; poverty can be eliminated ๐Ÿ‘ . But obviously, finance folks laugh at me.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Is there a limited amount of money in the world or does it grow? I fit does, how does it grow. People say there is a group called the Illuminati that controls all the money in the world. Sorry if im straying off topic here K. Everything started with trading. Then man realized the value of gold and silver. They then started trading gold and silver for other things. Someone then decided that there was a need to control these transactions and that's how money was born. I'm not stating facts here, just my view. Your question reminds of another question. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the money supply is an interesting concept and I've been reading a lot about it. Gold and Silver has nothing to do with it.

The whole thing boils down to few mega corporations controlling the world's economy as per their will.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Did you ever here the price of gold go down?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    In another post I had mentioned that the reserve bank Mudranalaya is right behind my house in Bangalore. I also said that the chief manufacturing officer was my ex colleague, who was trying to bring down the cost of printing a Rs.1000 note from the current of about Rs.2.50 to about 1.75.
    There was also a lighter comment on the labour there going on strike since they wanted to make less money.
    Printed money is called a note. Actually it is a Promissory Note. The fine print on every currency note declares that the Reserve Bank Governor promises to pay the bearer on demand the sum of the face value of the note.
    The Reserve Bank should print only that much money that can be covered by its assets. If all of us rushed to the RBI demanding honouring of all the promissory note India will have to declare insolvency.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's another good point I wish to understand: THe Promissory Note. The Governer Promises to pay amount "X" to the bearer. Now there are two questions -
    1. How & how does the reserve bank pay me?
    2. Where did the reserve bank get the money; did they create it out of thin air?
    3. What are reserve bank's assets and how are the assets valued?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A real story: (storytelling is a hazard of old age)
    The Rothchild family in England was knighted by Queen Victoria in the 1880s. This family started private banking business. Nathan Mayer Rothschild used to issue personal checks (not on Bank of England, which was the government bank), which were honoured unquestioned. Once the Bank of England refused a personal check of Nathan. The main office of the Bank of England was (still is) in Thread Needle Street in London. The next morning there was a huge queue of people with Nathan himself at the head, each with a bulging portmanteau (Victorian briefcase) waiting for the gates to open.
    As soon as the portals opened, every payout counter was occupied by a serpentine queue. Nathan proffered to the cashier a Five pound note and demanded to be paid money. The cashier gave him gold equivalent to five pounds. Nathan promptly gave annother note and asked payment. He then showed the cashier that he had a huge supply of the five pound notes, which he was going to return. He also told that all the other queues were occupied by his employees all with piles of five pound notes, for which they would be demanding payment. He was prepared to tie up the bank for months. He told the bank that since the B O E did not believe his promissory note, he was not going to believe B O E's notes either.
    The story in Reader's Digest ended with:'The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street (that was how BOE was called) surrendered with a few more grey hairs on her head'.

The burden of this is that the promissory note must have suficient specie (gold and silver) in the issuing bank (in India, the Reserve Bank of India) to back up in case there is a demand. Otherwise the paper money is worthless and leads to inflationary pressures on the economy to the extent excess was printed.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ron Paul's 'End The Fed' is also very interesting.

The simple logic is this: If many discovered money - we can never run out of it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    Golden Rule for Prosperity
    Yeah! Interesting article! Makes me wonder whether we had the wisest people on Earth who had already adopted Gold as a medium of exchange.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just stumbled upon Taxation in Switzerland: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_in_Switzerland . It's quite amazing that Swiss people don't pay so many taxes. That makes me wonder - if Switzerland can survive without collecting...
i m doing B Tech I.T.in walchand college of engg.,sangli in third year.
tell me under which course i have to choose my project related to instrumentation
Hi everyone... i am completely new in the world of engineering!!! I know next to nothing about this line as my family is filled with doctors...๐Ÿ˜’ And there is so...
Hi CEans, am E & C engineer, working , located in Bangalore. I have joined CE to get technical help/ advise/ clarifications when ever I am in need. And above...