Where do we really use C, C++, Java programming languages?

why do we learn c,c++,java and other languages?actually where do we use them?

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    vidyakalai
    why do we learn c,c++,java and other languages?actually where do we use them?
    Hi there! 😀 We use these languages to create different types of software. U should be specific if u want to ask about particular language,
    Of the languages u mentioned, C,C++ are used to write system programs and GAMES, java is used to write applets on web, as well as for database applications, But those are some examples, you can write many different types of software depending on the need. Every language has some special features and the selection of the language is to be made so as to get the desired functionality.
    👍
  • oprime
    oprime
    A big part of the Windows OS is written in C.

C/C++ is the most commonly used language for graphics development required in Games. OpenGL framework is accessed totally by writing C code.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CrazyEngineers (this website) has been written in PHP 👍. I hope that helps.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Almost every kernel is written in C/Unix.
    Every android class uses java.
    No banking application ever build without java in its business logic (correct me if I am wrong.).
    leaning basics of Java/C/C++ is just like learning hindi/english/Tamil/Telugu in your Kinder Garden.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Many enterprise apps (such as Oracle) are built natively in Java
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    kidakaka
    Oracle DB is built in Java???? Sweeping statements can be misleading!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    kidakaka
    Anand Tamariya
    Oracle DB is built in Java???? Sweeping statements can be misleading!
    I guess #-Link-Snipped-# pointing to oracle apps not DB.
    Oracle DB is too old to written in Java. DB is written in assambly language, C, C++.
    Oracle Database

Java runs in its own virtual machine and hence its not a real time language to response as quickly as DB or simulation programs needs to be.
    That's why java is not preferred for embedded system and simulations.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    ianoop
    Oracle DB is too old to written in Java. DB is written in assambly language, C, C++.
    Oracle Database

Java runs in its own virtual machine and hence its not a real time language to response as quickly as DB or simulation programs needs to be.
    aye aye sir! upvotes for you!
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    C and C++ are base of programming languages and any guy related to programming must have knowledge of these.
  • oprime
    oprime
    ianoop
    Oracle Database

MATLAB is written in JAVA.
    I do not know if it is totally coded in JAVA or not. But if you commit an error(like divide a number by zero), the exceptions shown are like that shown in JAVA. Just try once.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    safiajen0055
    C and C++ are base of programming languages and any guy related to programming must have knowledge of these.
    Please refine this.. programmers and developers knows about algorithm and programming concepts (like OOPs).
    Any language either any of c, c++, java, C# are just different syntax and provide different mechanism to handle logic.
    I know just little bit of C but never coded any program of C++. I am a java programmer, why should I know C/C++? or anyone else is in .net why they should know about any other language.
  • oprime
    oprime
    ianoop
    Please refine this.. programmers and developers knows about algorithm and programming concepts (like OOPs).
    Any language either any of c, c++, java, C# are just different syntax and provide different mechanism to handle logic.
    I know just little bit of C but never coded any program of C++. I am a java programmer, why should I know C/C++? or anyone else is in .net why they should know about any other language.
    Every programming language has its positive and negative aspects.
    C is very good where low level hardware access and frugal memory usage is required. For example: Embedded Systems and socket programming.
    But it is very bad in applications where there is a need for graphical user interface.

JAVA is good for GUI's and web based applications. But in my opinion, JAVA applications are memory hogs. I may be wrong but the few JAVA applications that I have used, have very high startup time and use up quite a lot of memory.

.NET is good but if you want to target users on the Linux platform, you will have to rebuild your code in some other language. Mono is ok but as far as I know, it has limited functionality.

Python is another versatile language. You can build websites using the Django framework. Lots of scientific libraries exist for Python. You can do socket programming with it. Since it is an interpreted language it is a bit slow. If more speed is needed, one can code the required parts in C and the rest in normal Python. Qt can be used to create GUI's for Python applications.

Every language has its use. You just have to know which one to use for your particular application.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    If more speed is needed, one can code the required parts in C and the rest in normal Python. Qt can be used to create GUI's for Python applications.
    Two corrections - Python can run in compiled mode too. Qt is a C++ based UI framework and hence would be most useful for C/C++ applications. Python bindings are available for Qt and GTK to enable a developer to develop UI apps in python.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm currently working on load balancing project. I need access to the file on another computer connected to mine over LAN so that I could balance the disk space of...
Humans are constantly developing programs and robots, with self learning abilities embedded in their coding, so that it doesn't need to learn new tasks. We have already watched the 'Terminator'...
sir,i wants to know about that how the traffic lights are working?
hi engineers!!! i am doing my final year project in grid computing do any one of here know about gridsim?????
I will be completing my B.Tech in Electrical Engineering within a few months. I have a lot of interest in Embedded Systems. I make some simple circuits using microcontrollers and...