How traffic lights work?

sir,i wants to know about that how the traffic lights are working?

Replies

• cliff_ta3
    cliff_ta3
    trafficlight_zps147670c6

first i applied 4.5V in the source(Vcc). The traffic light system works properly. I decided to increase its voltage source to 12V, for 10sec(maybe), it still works properly but when i unplugged the power supply and change back to 4.5V then turned back on the power supply, something went wrong. The LED's did not light up. I have no idea what part of the circuit was damaged. I have no enough materials like digital MM to test if it's just the LED.
    please help me find what elements in the circuit were damaged after applying 12V.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Traffic lights have light set that emit colour to control traffic.
    Also programmable logic controllers and sensors work as support system. PLCs may be opened loop or closed loop (based on the feedback)
    The timing of the lights are set by the engineers by program sets.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi engineers!!! i am doing my final year project in grid computing do any one of here know about gridsim?????
I will be completing my B.Tech in Electrical Engineering within a few months. I have a lot of interest in Embedded Systems. I make some simple circuits using microcontrollers and...
I want to know about NIT Surathkal. They are offering M. Tech in marine structures. Is it applicable to Mechanical engineers too? or do we need degree in Civil engineering?...
Hello, I’ve applied to Sharda Group of Institute Noida and have applied in Shiv Nadar University also. Sharda was my first preference but I’ve heard so many good things about...
Hello All, I'm in final year of B.E.Civil Engg., as we need to submit a thesis on any project/topic I am looking for Recycled Concrete Aggregate. Can anybody give me...