Do You Think Machines and Robots Will Try To Take Over Humans?

Humans are constantly developing programs and robots, with self learning abilities embedded in their coding, so that it doesn't need to learn new tasks. We have already watched the 'Terminator' series where a droid is sent back in time to stop the machine company 'Skynet' from taking over humans. Do you think that we are moving to a similar situation?

Is it right using machines or robots in daily activities, which humans are capable of doing?

robots-vs-humans

Replies

• sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    I don't think so. Because at some point the machines and robots need humans. Even the automated machines or robots need humans to program them.
    And humans make machines and robots to lessen the mechanical work and we are smart enough to see that these man-made things do no overpower us at any point.👍
    Also the laws of robotics say that the robots should not harm human species.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    sweet_honey
    Also the laws of robotics say that the robots should not harm human species.
    This law can be bypassed by reasoning :
    As humans are harming the environment, thus ultimately harming themselves, so human activity should be stopped so as to save humans (to stop human activity humans may be put in jail for their own sake).What say...
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Surely machine will overtake...
    human is being so idiotic that even they need a app to restrict self to texting while driving. then you can imagine the future what kind of app, next generations will need.

Brush teeth soon after waking up other wise A MACHINE will not allow you to check your various social networking feed😲
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    The day a computer can pass Turing test, machines taking over humans might be a possibility. Till then, it's just a speculation and I'd rather bet on a slot machine 😀
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    This fact can be learn from History of Civilization of all species that Strong Civilization always overtake weak one. It is the rule of Nature. So if Machines become so intelligent then they will surly overtake Humans.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If survival of Fittest is still to come only one can be on the top of the citadel Not TWO So there is a good Chance of struggle if COMPLETE AUTOMATION is brought out in this world

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir,i wants to know about that how the traffic lights are working?
hi engineers!!! i am doing my final year project in grid computing do any one of here know about gridsim?????
I will be completing my B.Tech in Electrical Engineering within a few months. I have a lot of interest in Embedded Systems. I make some simple circuits using microcontrollers and...
I want to know about NIT Surathkal. They are offering M. Tech in marine structures. Is it applicable to Mechanical engineers too? or do we need degree in Civil engineering?...
Hello, I’ve applied to Sharda Group of Institute Noida and have applied in Shiv Nadar University also. Sharda was my first preference but I’ve heard so many good things about...